Totally BIASed Video

That's a funny ad. However.....where do I plug in my Wah wah....what does a clean fender bassman sound like? My computer doesn't have a 1/4 in jack to plug my guitar into...is that included in the $200? Haha ...but funny... Pauly

^ This
Bias is a good product, but it needs a host conputer. It's a good option for home recording for sure.

However, Axe fx is a rugged and reliable device which can operate in a gig environment and be taken on the road, and it boots up in a couple of seconds.

And let's not forget that all of the high-quality I/O hardware ( jacks / a-d converters / op amps etc ) are a big part of the value proposition of the axefx.

So, it really is comparing apples with oranges.

Well, for djent he has a point. I wouldn't spend $2000 to get djent tones either. I've heard lots of devices that aren't considered best in class deliver a convincing djent tone. What isn't a fair statement is that based on that one comparison alone he could say one product is equal or even better than another.

This is click bait for a flame war. Oh well...

Doesn't the "FEEL" matter in this type of music? I mean the way it reacts when you paly. I have guitar rig 5 and TH2, both newest versions, and only because I use Cakewalk products for my DAW.

Guitar rig and th2 have "ZERO" feel to them and you might as well disconnect your volume control-it does nothing but raise or lower the volume.. Now the AxeFX, well, you all know already.

... why the hell would they choose this loser?

check out the number of views for a couple of his videos ... and he seems to be very talented... not in the comedic vein though... and that frickin' chugga chugga for the demo!

Nothing against him, he's actually a good guitar player. Unfortunately I've never been able to get into his videos. He just annoys me so much. Props to him for being "YouTube famous" and more props to those who support him. Just not my cup of tea.

I find Rob s. And Jared amazing channels!

Bias desktop can sound pretty great.

The tones on the "BIASed" video, that OP shared weren't that good IMO.

Positive Grid Bias is a cool product and it's awesome, that the same tones (presets) in the desktop version work with the iOS version too. I like this kind of cross platform. I have both versions and the new Bias FX too. They are my "on the road gear" and i could easily record a great sounding mix with them if i'd wanted to. But i also have my AFXII, so i dont need to do that. Fractal Audio Axe FX II is miles more realistic sounding and feeling gear and has of course a ton more Amps and Effects etc. too.

Bias is trying to be the "Axe FX plugin". It offers the same kind of deep amp editing and cab/mic/tone match features. Great for us guitar geeks. The product is great, but not Fractal Audio quality. Let's keep that in mind.

I knew he would be annoying based on your guys comments, but holy shit, he's like a hyperactive 12 year old.

Bias tones were pretty scooped compared to the Axe FX tones, and in the mix they sounded a lot 'mushier,' which is one problem I had with Bias. All the patches I made has a 'Bias' sound, kinda like how Line 6 stuff all sounds like Line 6, Bias has that too.

Axe FX patches were also pretty muddy, imo.

And as other people have said, yeah its a $200 plugin... loaded on a $2,000 computer using a $1,000 interface. Maybe more expensive if its a legit studio.

Yeah, that's his thing, his persona, if you will. Some people think he's hilarious, and I've found some of his videos are humorous, some to be annoying....which I'm sure is his goal.

Gotta have a shtick if you want to stand out, I guess.....

There HAS to be at least three bumper stickers and two t-shirts in this thread already.

I like the bias jump up stuff for lazy practice. My studio is upstair and there are times I get extremely lazy where I don't want to go up stairs to fire everything up. I'll plug bias/jump up on my iPad and play.

Let's not rip this guy apart. :D He has a right to have an opinion. In his use context (djent) you're not necessarily aiming for what the Axe-Fx was made for. You don't need an authentic replication of a real life tube amp for a genre that was started with Line6 tones. "Sounds good" is very relative. For me all those tones were very loose. The IR that's being used is the biggest difference.

And he even admits he doesn't know how to use the Axe-Fx properly. Anyone who thinks this counts as a scientific comparison is a djent kid.

Back
Top Bottom