Totally BIASed Video

Haha funny video!

Maybe it's just me but in listening to the A/B comparisons at the end, the Bias seems to get a bit lost in the mix. Sounds cool on its own, good for demoing and good proof that VST's have come far, but the Axe stands out on its own. There's more to shape your sound I feel. And speaking of Feel, I think the axe may work more in your favor for "feel" than plugging into your interface. Lol but it's a funny video!

I bought Bias Desktop during some offer they had. For me, after the AFII, it is unacceptable. If I didn't have regular access to an AFX I'd probably think it was amazeballs.

I gave it a try, both on desktop and iPad, but didn't come close to the Axe for me. Decent product for the money, just like S-Gear, Amplitube, Guitar Rig etc, but 1) I think the Axe sounds better, more dynamic etc, and 2) the Axe is hardware, which is reliable, ultra low latency, and something you can count on night after night.

Obviously BIASed, but I find the guy quite entertaining...

Different price brackets and for me, that's how I frame such comparisons - both excellent at their respective price points
thumbsup.gif

Not for nothing but every time a new modeler comes out the same thing happens. Somebody somewhere thinks it sounds better than some other thing. That is why there are endless VS threads on numerous forums.

In good hands most modelers regardless of price can sound pretty damn good. It would be hard for somebody to tell exactly what was used to record the guitars.

I think the Axe FX II VS "insert name here" videos are done purposely to get hits. I'm sure the same thing happens with the Kemper. They are high priced items and people love to compare the lower cost items to show how good of a result you can get with it.

I did watch the video, they didn't seem to try to make the tones sound similar. The cab sims sounded completely different. The only way to truly evaluate the actual amp model is to play through the same cab sim otherwise it is useless.

Even if bias sounded as good as the axe (which it definetly doesnt) direct recording is about 2% of what the axe does, when bias can do live application's, run a poweramp and cab similtaniously feeding foh with an IR, scenes, kick ass midi controller, constant updates, etc. Then bring your bullshit here lmaooooo

Don't know much about it. The video was horrendous. The tones in the video were... not really noteworthy and certainly not better than the Axe tones to me. Sounded thin. Made me think of Line 6. I dunno... I'm always looking for cool new stuff... but that did not impress me. Saying your better than something else doesn't make it true.

Um... am I the only one that thinks the Bias system sounded like garbage? It sounded muffled and flat, and weirdly notchy. Also, that aside it sounds like there wasn't even the remotest attempt to get the two tones to sound the same. The EQ curves alone are widely different from each other, not to mention gain settings, etc.

It's an extremely apples to oranges comparison video.

I posted on there. Basically I asked why he didn't compare AxeEdit to BIAS and chose the front panel instead. Not really an apples to apples comparison.

As far as the tone goes it's not exactly news that modelers and sims tend to do pretty good in the world of djent. Do some edge of breakup or clean stuff and see how it sounds; that's where the other stuff always seems to fall apart in my opinion.

And lastly the tones weren't even remotely close to each other. I thought that it sounded good, but it's definitely different. Usable, but lets not pretend that it sounds exactly the same.

That's a funny ad. However.....where do I plug in my Wah wah....what does a clean fender bassman sound like? My computer doesn't have a 1/4 in jack to plug my guitar into...is that included in the $200? Haha ...but funny...

Pauly

Back
Top Bottom