Total Powered Run Time?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like a GPS built into the Axe-Fx so that I can determine how many miles have been put on it. Fractal should also develop a piece of software that analyzes historical location data and comes up with a "usage index" based upon how many times the unit has been in a music venue and whether or not those venues serve alcohol.

This could help determine value for used units. I want to buy one that's never been played at Bob's Country Bunker, only by some middle-aged basement warrior with too much spare time who never moved it or brought it near beer taps.

But the Country Bunker has both kinds of music......

This is the most asinine request I've seen in a long time, a canonical example of a solution in search of a problem. This isn't farm equipment, it's a piece of solid-state gear. When tube snobs accuse people using modelers of spending more time tweaking than actually playing they're basing that stereotype on people who make requests like this. There are a host of more useful improvements to be made to the firmware (formant pitch shifting, more amps, improved effect algorithms, satiating the rabid hordes of Klon devotees, etc); this is the opposite.

Sorry to anybody if this sounds harsh but it's my opinion.

You do realize I was not the one making the request, and I was providing an example to illustrate how silly it is......

Oh word? In my estimation "common sense" would dictate that no other solid-state electronics are priced this way and that this whole line of inquiry is an exercise in stupidity.
i understand your view, but please refrain from insulting terms. your point is clear without them.

I would think common sense would dictate that.

I am mourning the passing of an old friend by the name of Common Sense. His obituary reads as follows: Common Sense, aka C.S., lived a long life, but died from heart failure at the brink of the millennium. No one really knows how old he was, his birth records were long ago entangled in miles and miles of bureaucratic red tape. Known affectionately to close friends as Horse Sense and Sound Thinking, he selflessly devoted himself to a life of service in homes, schools, hospitals and offices, helping folks get jobs done without a lot of fanfare, whooping and hollering.

Rules and regulations and petty, frivolous lawsuits held no power over C.S. A most reliable sage, he was credited with cultivating the ability to know when to come in out of the rain, the discovery that the early bird gets the worm and how to take the bitter with the sweet.

C.S. also developed sound financial policies (don’t spend more than you earn), reliable parenting strategies (the adult is in charge, not the kid) and prudent dietary plans (offset eggs and bacon with a little fiber and orange juice).

A veteran of the Industrial Revolution, the Great Depression, the Technological Revolution and the Smoking Crusades, C.S. survived sundry cultural and educational trends including disco, the men’s movement, body piercing, whole language and new math. C.S.’s health began declining in the late 1960s when he became infected with the If-It-Feels-Good, Do-It virus.

In the following decades, his waning strength proved no match for the ravages of overbearing federal and state rules and regulations and an oppressive tax code. C.S. was sapped of strength and the will to live as the Ten Commandments became contraband, criminals received better treatment than victims and judges stuck their noses in everything from Boy Scouts to professional baseball and golf.

His deterioration accelerated as schools implemented zero-tolerance policies. Reports of 6-year-old boys charged with sexual harassment for kissing classmates, a teen suspended for taking a swig of Scope mouthwash after lunch, girls suspended for possessing Midol and an honor student expelled for having a table knife in her school lunch were more than his heart could endure.

As the end neared, doctors say C.S. drifted in and out of logic but was kept informed of developments regarding regulations on low-flow toilets and mandatory air bags. Finally, upon hearing about a government plan to ban inhalers from 14 million asthmatics due to a trace of a pollutant that may be harmful to the environment, C.S. breathed his last.

Services will be at Whispering Pines Cemetery. C.S. was preceded in death by his wife, Discretion; one daughter, Responsibility; and one son, Reason. He is survived by two step-brothers, Half-Wit and Dim-Wit.

Memorial Contributions may be sent to the Institute for Rational Thought. Farewell, Common Sense. May you rest in peace.

(by Lori Borgman)

Well by the 500 hour mark the service manual recommends installing a new clutch... while you have the transmission out of the Axe-Fx it's probably a good idea to replace the slave cylinder as well since it's inside the bell housing, not to mention the throwout bearing. Between parts and labor you're looking at somewhere in the vicinity of $800, so an Axe-Fx with 500 hours on it should go for around $600.

Oh word? In my estimation "common sense" would dictate that no other solid-state electronics are priced this way and that this whole line of inquiry is an exercise in stupidity.

Yes, word. You come across as an extremely insecure individual in their mid 20's in this thread. Chill out man, there is always room for new ideas in technology.

Last edited:
More importaint...
Is there a way to see how many jazz chords the unit has been playing?

Holy smokes! The guy (OP) asks a reasonable question and everyone, including a mod, jumps his sh%&.

Total uptime on a tech device is a very, VERY common metric used for various purposes in various industries.

Imagine a guitarist coming on this forum 2 years ago and asking if the AxeFX could "also serve as an 8x8 USB audio interface with 6 FX in parallel" and getting a snarky response from a mod: "no. does other gear do that?"

Seriously? Uh, no, but that's half the point.

Lighten up.

With finite time and development resources there isn't.

I was really bored yesterday and decided to give my $.02 to this discussion when I knew full-well that it would only result in conflict... this thread will die out and nothing more than a few dozen rows in a tablespace in some distance RDBMS instance will be wasted, since Cliff's got his firmware priorities in order. Mea culpa.

Not with that attitude, If it's worth doing someone will do the work. Just fractool there could be a 3rd party that does the work. You sound like one of those people that wants their 25 cent purchase with a written record and receipt

including a mod, jumps his sh%&.

Total uptime on a tech device is a very, VERY common metric used for various purposes in various industries.
It’s clear you don’t like me and that’s ok. But I asked a question. Hardly jumping on anything. I was literally only asking if other gear did that for comparisons sake and if so, perhaps the Axe truly needs that. No sarcasm at all.

I asked a straightforward question. You seem to have inserted negativity into it.

If total uptime is a common metric, can you name other music gear that does that?

It’s clear you don’t like me and that’s ok. But I asked questions. Hardly jumping on anything.

If total uptime is a common metric, can you name other music gear that does that?

Didn't someone already do that in this thread?

Holy smokes! The guy (OP) asks a reasonable question and everyone, including a mod, jumps his sh%&.

Imagine a guitarist coming on this forum 2 years ago and asking if the AxeFX could "also serve as an 8x8 USB audio interface with 6 FX in parallel" and getting a snarky response from a mod: "no. does other gear do that?"

Seriously? Uh, no, but that's half the point.

Lighten up.

Agreed. Don't understand the path this thread took. Unfortunately, a mole hill got turned into a mountain.

Is there a way to see the total powered-up run-time of an Axe FX II?
no.

Since the manual indicates at least one part has a lifespan, I thought it would be reasonable to ask if a run-time counter existed.

Does a rotation counter exist?

Dhg8cbv.png
there is no rotation counter.

the hardware of the Axe-Fx series is very good. should a problem arise with a used one, Fractal Audio support is top notch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom