Total newb...why should I buy Axe FX II?

paulbag

Inspired
What's up people? Been trying to figure out what to buy for a new amp, and some people are steering me in this direction. Was thinking about picking up an EVH 5150 III combo when they're released. Why should I go Fractal? Convince me...

Tube is hardly dead, but Cliff has taken tube amp modeling to the next level.

Here are some reasons:

1. The axe is versatile.
2. You can create just about any sound you think of.
3. It's very portable.
4. Support up the Ying.
5. Recording is a breeze with the axe.
6. You can become a cool member of this forum and share your experience.
7. Everybody else is doing it.

What's up people? Been trying to figure out what to buy for a new amp, and some people are steering me in this direction. Was thinking about picking up an EVH 5150 III combo when they're released. Why should I go Fractal? Convince me...

In all seriousness, you would get an Axe-FX II for the great tones and versatility. And so you can brag about it to your peasant friends :twisted (Kidding :mrgreen)

At the risk of sounding flippant, search is your friend. If in doubt, find one to try out or...more likely, take advantage of the 30 day trial period. I doubt you will regret it.

cos the Axe sounds amazing and it hugely flexible
plus...
you can make it behave like a traditional amp with stomps
or
make it do things you never could with a traditional amp and stomps

and pretty much everything in between

Because chicks dig the FAS black T shirts

FAS-901-2.jpg

If you like playing in headphones and easy recording it's a no brainer. Personally I love both tube amps and the AXE II but they are different animals.

I like it cause I can have Fender Clean, Marshall Clean, Marshall Crunch, Mesa Crunch, 5150 Crunch, Diezel Crunch, Marshall Lead, Mesa Lead, Acoustic simulation, EVH 80s amp, EVH 90s Amp, EVH current amp.

The flexibility is unlimited, the Tone is amazing and consistent and not diminishing when my Tubes get a couple years old... Unless you want that...yep, you can dial in Tube wear... Many advanced parameters.

No.

You're an adult. If you have to come onto a forum and be 'convinced', then it will always be 'well, you talked me into it'.

Listen to the clips, read the forum. This takes WORK to learn and use. It's flat out not for everyone. You have to decide what you want to use it for, and whether it fits your situation.

We have gallons of information here, and people willing to help. We're not sales staff.

R

Had a 5150 III, Had a 5150 block head, had a rivera k-tre, had a cornford hellcat, had a vht pittbull, had a mesa stiletto and so on and so on. The key word in that is had. I now have an Axe Fx II and will be the only amp I'll ever need again. I agree with electronpirate though, it's not for everyone and you shouldn't have to be convinced to buy something man. Do your research and watch some vids

Had a 5150 III, Had a 5150 block head, had a rivera k-tre, had a cornford hellcat, had a vht pittbull, had a mesa stiletto and so on and so on. The key word in that is had. I now have an Axe Fx II and will be the only amp I'll ever need again. I agree with electronpirate though, it's not for everyone and you shouldn't have to be convinced to buy something man. Do your research and watch some vids

I've had most of these amps as well. I now just use the Axe II and haven't looked back. I can achieve those tones plus many more with the value knob. Check the clips section and youtube and let that do the persuading.

No.

You're an adult. If you have to come onto a forum and be 'convinced', then it will always be 'well, you talked me into it'.

Listen to the clips, read the forum. This takes WORK to learn and use. It's flat out not for everyone. You have to decide what you want to use it for, and whether it fits your situation.

We have gallons of information here, and people willing to help. We're not sales staff.

R

:lol got to love Rons honesty, Hey Ron I need some advise can you give me a call and talk me through an issue I'm having with my Axe?

Read some threads, listen to the clips, convince yourself...or not and buy your 5150C - go your own way based on the best info you can find...make music...don't worry...be happy.

Back
Top Bottom