Tosin Abasi selling his Axe-Fx II with all his patches

They will sound like garbage unless you are Tosin
FTFY? :D

But seriously: this is cool. What a way to own something so personal to a person you might hold in high regard. I bought a Rocktron All Access from a Nine Inch Nails auction to use with my OG Standard years ago and loved the thought of Reznor or Finck having used in on tour at some point before I owned it.

Edit: Just to be clear I hold Tosin Abasi in ultra-high regard. And you may too. Re-reading what I wrote and I want the world to know I think he's beyond human when he plays guitar. :D

Last edited:
I downloaded Stephen Carpenter's Koy No Yokan presets when he posted them up and they sounded like a trainwreck with my guitars, 8 string EMGs tuned to R compared to 6 string passive seymour duncan tuned to C... maybe they were decoy presets. I bet the cleans would be ok, the high gain ones sometimes don't work

I downloaded Stephen Carpenter's Koy No Yokan presets when he posted them up and they sounded like a trainwreck with my guitars, 8 string EMGs tuned to R compared to 6 string passive seymour duncan tuned to C... maybe they were decoy presets. I bet the cleans would be ok, the high gain ones sometimes don't work
What, really? I personally helped with the prep of those presets for the release and did some updates to them over the years so they'd stay compliant with new firmware and gear. I should revisit them on the III. I still have the Logic project with all the old test stems on them so I can at least promise if they're refreshed for the III they'd be matched to the original sounds. Those presets were h-e-a-v-y.

What, really? I personally helped with the prep of those presets for the release and did some updates to them over the years so they'd stay compliant with new firmware and gear. I should revisit them on the III. I still have the Logic project with all the old test stems on them so I can at least promise if they're refreshed for the III they'd be matched to the original sounds. Those presets were h-e-a-v-y.
I've got a couple 8 string guitars I'd love to try them with if you updated them for the III :)

axe2 era he was mostly playing passive pickups, his dimarzios. it should sound good with most humbucker guitars. i don't think these presets are with the fluence. by then he was using his morgan amp with real pedals.

I never understood the appeal of Tosin Abasi, guitars with too many strings, or that music style in general. I guess I'm old school heavy metal. But I reckon some lucky fan will probably be very happy with this haul. A once in a lifetime opportunity. More power to that person.

I never understood the appeal of Tosin Abasi, guitars with too many strings, or that music style in general. I guess I'm old school heavy metal. But I reckon some lucky fan will probably be very happy with this haul. A once in a lifetime opportunity. More power to that person.
Same here. While I admire and respect the skill it takes to create and play this style of music, it doesn't move me the way many other genres do.

I bought a Rocktron All Access from a Nine Inch Nails auction to use with my OG Standard years ago

In the early 2000s, I bought a MIDI Patch Bay from a sell-off of Neal Schon's gear. It arrived badly broken. The agent-seller gave me a hard time and kept my money. When I told that story to Neal years later, he took me out for a dinner that was beyond anything I imagine I'll ever see again.

I think you have to like odd times and patterns of odd groupings to really appreciate the music. I’ve been listening to them non stop since I saw them live at a Namm concert. Meshuggah is my other always-on music. There’s so many layers going on, it might seem like noise until the day you hear what’s happening. I didn’t like meshuggah for a while. Tried and tried but just didn’t get it. Then one day I did and it changed my ear for the better.

I think you can say that about any band or genre. It may or may not happen, and that’s cool. We like what we like.

Same here. While I admire and respect the skill it takes to create and play this style of music, it doesn't move me the way many other genres do.

No?

I don’t really understand wanting his presets.... I’d say it’s cool to have the unit, but do you really want to not touch the settings ?

I had a few synths from the KMFDM guys and I certainly didn’t keep their knob settings, I made my own patches with it.

same of you buy an artist guitar and they have a setup, string gauge etc you dont like, would you keep it not playing to your liking because it was how they had it ?

I don’t really understand wanting his presets.... I’d say it’s cool to have the unit, but do you really want to not touch the settings ?

I had a few synths from the KMFDM guys and I certainly didn’t keep their knob settings, I made my own patches with it.

same of you buy an artist guitar and they have a setup, string gauge etc you dont like, would you keep it not playing to your liking because it was how they had it ?
Fractal-bot and then edit knowing you've got 'em saved.

Back
Top Bottom