Torrential rain during outdoor gig. AX8 drenched and...

So I played a packed club last night where there was some serious risk of alcohol spillage on my FM3 haha. So the ziploc bag idea is totally safe and cool to throw over the FM3 and FC6? Do I need to poke some small holes for ventilation?

So I played a packed club last night where there was some serious risk of alcohol spillage on my FM3 haha. So the ziploc bag idea is totally safe and cool to throw over the FM3 and FC6? Do I need to poke some small holes for ventilation?
I would NOT ziploc an FM3. Consider putting it up and off the floor and doing the ziploc thing to your FC6 only. Keep one side open for ventilation.

I would NOT ziploc an FM3. Consider putting it up and off the floor and doing the ziploc thing to your FC6 only. Keep one side open for ventilation.
Why not ziploc the FM3? Putting it up and off the floor could help, but a spill can come from any direction, even above and in that case it wouldn’t help much

Why not ziploc the FM3? Putting it up and off the floor could help, but a spill can come from any direction, even above and in that case it wouldn’t help much
It needs substantially more airflow than the AX8 required.

I was wrapping my MFC-101 in Ziplock 2 gallon bags. Mostly for fear of beer being spilled, but work for rain too. It works out great. But then I somehow made the bag too tight, and when I stepped on a switch, the plastic was pulling down on the surrounding switches, and I was getting unwanted patch changes. Have you ever encountered that problem? Maybe I need to try a bigger bag. The 2 gallons was just a little shorter than the MFC, but covered most of it. And I did survive one good downpour.
Nope. Its never been too tight. I try to leave room and unless its a puddle of water then i dont seal the bag too tight.

Back
Top Bottom