Torrential rain during outdoor gig. AX8 drenched and...

For years I've been carrying in my gear case one of those Ziploc 18 inch by 24 inch bags. Yes they make them big. Spring and summer I'm usually playing a few festivals and some are going to have rain. Some won't get canceled even with lots of rain. I can put the MFC 101 or now the AX8 in including one expression pedal if need be and zip it up leaving just enough room for the cables to come out. Plus I can see and read the display and step on the buttons through the clear bag. It's cheap and very easy to carry with you just incase of rain.

I would think that the device getting wet would be anticipated by the designers. Not that it would be a desirable thing, but since it's designed for live use, they know it's going to get used outside and in bars with small stages where moisture is a definite possibility.

For years I've been carrying in my gear case one of those Ziploc 18 inch by 24 inch bags. Yes they make them big. Spring and summer I'm usually playing a few festivals and some are going to have rain. Some won't get canceled even with lots of rain. I can put the MFC 101 or now the AX8 in including one expression pedal if need be and zip it up leaving just enough room for the cables to come out. Plus I can see and read the display and step on the buttons through the clear bag. It's cheap and very easy to carry with you just incase of rain.
I am going to find some of those. I have read about this several times and think it's an awesome idea.

With hydrophobic coatings becoming mainstream with cell phones, it would seem to me that at some point dipping PCBs will become a standard practice...making all of this a non-issue.

RR

Ordered... I'll be trying these at a very sandy outdoor gig next week. It will be great to not sweat sand in the switches there. Near-toasted a GCP there one year.

Other than Saran Wrap, anyone have any ideas for larger pedalboards? I'd love to have a water-proofing spray to use on everything. Similar to what they came out with for shoes and small electronics/cell phones.

image.jpeg
Actual use! I'm in Teramo Italy and it's been a lot of outdoor small festivals and it has rained. This is from a show where it rain all day until right before sound check so I thought I'd be prepared just incase. I did so,e how manage to bring the smaller bags. I have a few that are bigger. But oh well. Also I put this one on upside down. Normally I can see right through it and use the switches with out being blocked. But I was a bit distracted. Ah by some of the women.... People close by the stage. :0)

Been doing the same thing as @Larry Mitchell for years with the mfc, and with other floor based gear/pedals too.
There's always some inebriated idiot in a bar/club that wants to accidentally pour beer all over your gear!!!!

Back
Top Bottom