• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

Topic: Axe-FX Standard doesn’t connect to Computer/ Axe-Edit-Software

axefxbuyer

I did search through forums for hours, so now my own description of the problem!

Software/ Hardware used:

• Axe-Fx Standard: Version 10.01; last Update: 19.06 2010
  • Axe Edit: Axe-Edit Beta 1.0.191 for Windows
Interfaces:

• M-Audio Fast Track Pro
  • AKAI Professional EIE Pro
Connections:
  • 2 Midi-Cables from Midi Out (Interface) to Midi in (Axe-Fx) + Midi out (Axe-Fx) to Midi in (Interface)
  • USB-Cable from Interface to Computer
  • I checked midi cables many times and recently bought brand new ones, they are functioning (I of course switched them just in case); The USB-Cable works as well, since I use it all the time for recording (interface works aswell)
Problem: I want to connect my Axe-Fx Standard to the Axe-Edit Software in order to download firmware, but especially to edit the patches. When I open the software it says Status: not connected. I did select the Interface in the MIDI Input/Output-Window. Both the Akai and the M-Audio Interface. I Did read about the Axe-Fx Syses ID, my Axe-Fx says 125, so I did replace the previous ID 372 with no result.

The Midi-Loppback test always says: Test failed! I also did check that the Axe-Fx is selected as a source.

Other than the described actions i didn’t go into any driver settings on my Computer or performed anything else.

I would appreciate any help!

Top Bottom