Top Gun 2 Extended Super Bowl Trailer

Is there a man alive today, that was a kid in the 80's who isn't moistening their slacks for the new Top Gun film?!

I was in a clients house who had an audio issue in their Theatre system (which is massive) and the only sensible thing I could do to properly test it was watch the Maverick trailer at bone shaking volume :sweatdrops:

Attachments

• topgun.jpg
    topgun.jpg
    598.7 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
He’s actually in another trailer, wearing stars on his collar as well as Ed Harris.

So I wonder if Ed Harris replaces James Tolkan - "Stinger" (AKA Mr. Strickland) in the movie? Ed Harris is listed in the credits on IMDB, but there’s no character name given.

Looks like I’m going to have to re-learn Danger Zone and Top Gun Theme again!

I actually played those 2 songs on the deck of the aircraft carrier USS Constellation.

USO tour in 1987. Most memorable performance of my entire career.

So I wonder if Ed Harris replaces James Tolkan - "Stinger" (AKA Mr. Strickland) in the movie? Ed Harris is listed in the credits on IMDB, but there’s no character name given.
Principal Strickland would have long since retired to his dream job - the Hong Kong RDS run.

I believe he had throat cancer. He was apparently in really bad shape for a while.
Yikes. I'm sorry to hear that; I wasn't aware of any personal details about Kilmer that might cause my post to be misunderstood.

I meant nothing critical towards Val Kilmer; indeed, I wasn't even referencing anything in his real life. My earlier remark was intended to be a clever way of saying, "After Val finished playing Iceman in 1986, his next big movie was 1991's The Doors, playing Jim Morrison, which included some scenes near the end of the movie portraying the later-years, very-out-of-shape Morrison."

(I think most folk got the reference -- MojoBodies and dr bonkers seem to have -- but I'd have been more careful to avoid misunderstandings, if I'd been aware of Kilmer's health issues.)

I usually don't put a lot of stock into reviews of movies, I like what I like. I was really looking forward to seeing Top Gun: Maverick anyway, but after reading some of these reviews, I'm looking forward to it even more now! It's been years since I've been in a movie theatre but after this review...it might be time!

"See it on the biggest screen possible. Then see it again."

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/top_gun_maverick

Last edited:
I usually don't put a lot of stock into reviews of movies, I like what I like. I was really looking forward to seeing Top Gun: Maverick anyway, but after reading some of these reviews, I'm looking forward to it even more now! It's been years since I've been in movie theatre but after this review...it might be time!

"See it on the biggest screen possible. Then see it again."

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/top_gun_maverick
I’m definitely excited to see it. I don’t know if I’ll be able to swing an IMAX viewing, but it should deliver.

I also have read rave reviews, there may be too much botox in that movie for me but WTF .... I will go to the cinema and watch it.

From what I understand about the formats, I don't have a true IMAX in the area, but I have the AMC branded IMAX theaters, so that will have to do.

I have tickets for some early access event, so here's hoping it's as good as everyone says it is.

Back
Top Bottom