Top Gear fans? Clarkson sacked from TG

All I'm saying is if someone punches you, handle your business. Don't go crying to mommy because the other kids at school were mean to you, and don't go to the friggin' ER unless it's more than your feelings and pride that are hurt.

The world is becoming astonishingly pussified and it's disgusting and it's sad. No one knows how to throw a punch anymore, no one knows how to protect his woman or his kids, and no one knows how to take the occasional beating. We just know how to get smooshed like a bug in the sidewalk hoping the cops will come. They're not coming 'till it's all over. We are not becoming more enlightened, we are just becoming weak. This is how the terrorists win.

All I'm saying is if someone punches you, handle your business. Don't go crying to mommy because the other kids at school were mean to you, and don't go to the friggin' ER unless it's more than your feelings and pride that are hurt.

I guess we can just throw all the assault laws out.

UK - Common assault

Of course Clarkson has never been one for following rules/laws. He prides himself in being loud and arrogant.
Looks like it has finally caught up to him. A little.

Clarkson sold his shares of top gear programme back to the BBC last a year I believe for 3million. He also reported the fight incident himself to the management. I think he was ready to go and has another plan to be honest. Let's face it he has had some great publicity over the last few weeks for whatever he does next.
I think he will have something else up his sleeve.

I must be odd in that I've never really watched Top Gear but I've read two or three of his books. They're pretty hilarious. I just googled to see he has like 17 books.

Publicity like this will sell a lot more books. Just sayin.

The world is becoming astonishingly pussified and it's disgusting and it's sad. No one knows how to throw a punch anymore, no one knows how to protect his woman or his kids, and no one knows how to take the occasional beating. We just know how to get smooshed like a bug in the sidewalk hoping the cops will come. They're not coming 'till it's all over. We are not becoming more enlightened, we are just becoming weak. This is how the terrorists win.

Yea more violence. That will solve things and make the world a better place.....

I honestly think I'm more disgusted by the fact that the little twerp didn't fight back.
We've done such a great job of destroying our warrior class and emasculating the population in general here in the states... I guess I didn't realize it was a worldwide phenomenon.
I understand this is a board full of musicians, who stereotypically lean liberal. So, I don't expect my views to be popular here. That said, when you're in a fight - whether you started it or not - it's your responsibility to win.

I am not entirely unsympathetic to that view, but here is another possible way to look at it. Sometimes, if there doesn't seem to be an ongoing threat, it may be more prudent to refrain from retaliation. That way it is PERFECTLY CLEAR what happened. There is a big difference between "Clarkson punches producer" and "Clarkson and producer get in to a punch up".

I don't really know what happened, but I'm kinda inclined to give the producer the benefit of the doubt here. Plus Clarkson comes across as a bully, and I fucking hate bullies with a passion.

Yea more violence. That will solve things and make the world a better place.....

You illustrate my point perfectly. I'm talking about standing up for yourself and letting that be that. I'm talking about no blood no foul. I'm talking about settling your differences with another man like gentlemen and not dragging cops, lawyers, the boss and the media into it. I'm talking about being a man about it. I'm talking about having a little pride in yourself, even if you get your ass kicked in front of God and everyone.

You honestly have no idea what any of that means? You think it really has anything to do with violence? That ain't violence, son. Not even close.

You illustrate my point perfectly. I'm talking about standing up for yourself and letting that be that. I'm talking about no blood no foul. I'm talking about settling your differences with another man like gentlemen and not dragging cops, lawyers, the boss and the media into it. I'm talking about being a man about it. I'm talking about having a little pride in yourself, even if you get your ass kicked in front of God and everyone.

You honestly have no idea what any of that means? You think it really has anything to do with violence? That ain't violence, son. Not even close.

Some people have the crazy idea that two wrongs don't make it right.

Ok so just stand there and take the punch.

An eye for an eye leaves the whole world blind. Turn the other cheek and all that. I don't disagree with you Trev, but there are two schools of thought here. Neither is necessarily wrong or right. Anyways, we're getting off topic.

Ok so just stand there and take the punch.

Sometimes.

And sometimes you kick them in the head until they don't get up any more.

In reality the appropriate response is likely to fall somewhere between these extremes. In the case of the producer, Clarkson is clearly a bully and a thug, and the producer gets to keep his career. Can't really fault his call on that one.

I like Clarkson and his irreverent style. I like the way he bucks the trend of being overtly politically correct. I like the way he irritates the withering sanctimonious types who have claimed the moral high ground and get offended by every little thing. I like the way he has a laugh and takes the piss and pushes things to the limit. However, in any other industry, in any other workplace, if one of the superiors subjected a subordinate to prolonged abuse and threw a punch at them then they would (quite rightly) be fired. Therefore, sadly, the BBC had no choice. The only one to blame is Clarkson himself who should have known better.

I also think that anyone who takes themselves off to A&E with a cut lip is obviously a complete fucking pussy with their own ulterior motive.

I also think that anyone who takes themselves off to A&E with a cut lip is obviously a complete fucking pussy with their own ulterior motive.

He obviously wanted it documented by a doctor that he had sustained an injury (however minor). I'd bet someone from H.R. or legal suggested he go. Legally speaking, in cases of assault, that is what you are supposed to do (IANAL). Really, I can't see how the producer could have realistically played it any differently. If he and Clarkson had slugged it out in a back room, who do you think would be looking for a new job? No one should have to work with someone who resorts to violence when they don't get their way.

In many situations, I'd probably agree with Trev and Rotti, but I think this is a bad example.

I guess we can just throw all the assault laws out.

UK - Common assault

Of course Clarkson has never been one for following rules/laws. He prides himself in being loud and arrogant.
Looks like it has finally caught up to him. A little.
Yes we can. They are all drafted by lawyers (that by their very nature are pussies) and meant to cause litigation not resolutions or solutions.

sent from Samsung S4 via Tapatalk

FOCUS...Major talent for 1973. Great guitar player ..... 42 years ago!.

And all they served were cold cuts and cheese back then..!

We used to punch it out if our cheese was bad. Smelly rides on the tour bus and all.

Back
Top Bottom