Top FRFR's these days?

cragginshred

Fractal Fanatic
I have owned Xitone CLR neo and Friedman asm (currently have asm 10's)
Atomic seems to have gone out of business unless I am wrong? Initially I liked the Xitone, then not so much..
Are there any new products that are similar to the CLR?

@theblogjammers those are what I was looking at, do you live in Eu? If not how long did it take to get to you? I e-mailed them yesterday with no response. yet

I can wrap my head around 10's (what I have in my Asm's) but not 8's like several are using. I'm used to 4x12 cabs on stage and the volume that goes with it.

I'm sure they sound good but they are pa speakers right? I had RCF's and they were good but still pa speakers......
I see no distinction sound-wise between a FRFR speaker and a flat PA speaker. Both are designed to reproduce a full-range, in as flat a manner as possible.

The EVs are marketed as and designed to be floor monitors, but can be used on a stand if someone wants them to act as part of a PA. Personally I wouldn't want to use them that way as they're a 1x12; there are better PA solutions out there.

As monitors they work great for my needs and sound killer, so, what difference does it make?

Electro-Voice - PXM-12MP review by Joey Kar of Broken Roots!www.facebook.com › ElectroVoice › videos › pxm-12mp... is useful.

Last edited:
@theblogjammers those are what I was looking at, do you live in Eu? If not how long did it take to get to you? I e-mailed them yesterday with no response. yet

I can wrap my head around 10's (what I have in my Asm's) but not 8's like several are using. I'm used to 4x12 cabs on stage and the volume that goes with it.
Yeah—not sure they can equal the volume of 4x12’s, but plenty of volume for me with a medium loud drummer. If you don’t need that much stage volume, you can, of course, send a signal to FOH PA. I like the sound just as much as the CLR, and probably better—also like it better than Friedman 10’s.’

The ordering and shipping was a little confusing but probably my fault. I’m in the US but thought you had to order through G66 so nothing happened for a month or so, then they told me they forwarded my order to RedSound. They put me on the list and shipped a couple weeks later. This was June 2021, so not sure how it’s going now.

Yeah—not sure they can equal the volume of 4x12’s, but plenty of volume for me with a medium loud drummer. If you don’t need that much stage volume, you can, of course, send a signal to FOH PA. I like the sound just as much as the CLR, and probably better—also like it better than Friedman 10’s.’

The ordering and shipping was a little confusing but probably my fault. I’m in the US but thought you had to order through G66 so nothing happened for a month or so, then they told me they forwarded my order to RedSound. They put me on the list and shipped a couple weeks later. This was June 2021, so not sure how it’s going now.

Good to know, what did you like better than the asm's and CLR's? An your saying the 8's are as loud and as large sound dipertion wise as the CLR's? Last question, you said go directly through Red sound not G66?

I can’t compare exactly because one of my CLR’S is not working, but tomorrow I’ll compare loudness of one CLR with one RedSound elis8. The Eliis has a wamer sound than the CLR. Maybe more mids. The Friedman seemed bass heavy.

I noticed on The Gear Page that Atomic is going to be ramping back up with most their troubles apparently due to Covid, so hopefully I can get my CLR repaired.

Yes, if in US order directly from RedSound.

I can’t compare exactly because one of my CLR’S is not working, but tomorrow I’ll compare loudness of one CLR with one RedSound elis8. The Eliis has a wamer sound than the CLR. Maybe more mids. The Friedman seemed bass heavy.

I noticed on The Gear Page that Atomic is going to be ramping back up with most their troubles apparently due to Covid, so hopefully I can get my CLR repaired.

Yes, if in US order directly from RedSound.

I have the asm 10's and they are not as dark as the 12's Yeah I saw the CLR post too! Still intrigues that an 8 can handle a band situation.

I had one CLR power supply go out, Got it replaced but took a bit a few years ago. . My other CLR is sputtering a bit. Good news that they are going to ramp up. Not sure I can deal with anything less than a 12. Been pretty happy with mine overall. Early buyer first generation. My QSC K12's dont even come close, but they are good pa speakers/monitors

I had one CLR power supply go out, Got it replaced but took a bit a few years ago. . My other CLR is sputtering a bit. Good news that they are going to ramp up. Not sure I can deal with anything less than a 12. Been pretty happy with mine overall. Early buyer first generation. My QSC K12's dont even come close, but they are good pa speakers/monitors
Man I have heard of so many CLR units going down I am leaning toward trying an MF10

Back
Top Bottom