Top. frfr speakers?

The frfr-108's are really great.
I've got two sets of them.
I keep them up to 11 and adjust the volume on the FM3's. They are really quiet. They don't start flubbing out until you start passing the 75%-80% volume mark. They don't crush my skull like my Mark 5 90 but they are defiantly loud enough. Plus they are small and only 19 lbs.

I got both of my Friedman ASC-10s used. One from my local list and one from TGP. I saved a lot of $$$. I've modified both of them with fender tilt back legs. They work and sound amazing!!!!

Last edited:
I have 2 Headrush 108's and to my untrained ears they sound really good. Loud as can be if needed and for 220 bucks a piece and lightweight they work for me. If i get a chance i would like to play through some of the pricier FRFRs to compare but no hurry.

Maybe no one wants to hear what i will say, but...
One of the major advantages of using a modeler is that you can shape your tone, so if you use a couple of very high fidelity speakers you will have an amazing sound in you house and very easily.
But if you manage to make a goodtone using cheap speakers, then you can sound good in every place, and using aby cheap or expensive speaker.

So i believe that one must choose:
  • If you are gonna play in your house or if you play gigs and you are willing to carry around the speakers, you must choose expensive ones.
  • If you want to play gigs, carrying around only your guitar an your FM3, go for the cheaper ones.

Remember, is only my opinion.

You can pretty much cross the CLR off the list if you’re hoping to find a new one. They’re pretty much vapor ware at this point. That aside they haven’t even posted on Twitter since 2015, and aren’t much more active on other channels.
wasn't that long ago I got my invite to purchase from their waitlist

Does anyone have a favourite fr speaker they recommend for the Fm3. It seems the choices at our local music stores in Canada are limited. Thoughts?
Line 6 Powercab is really good, doesn't break your back, looks like an amp, Long and Macquade has it at 819$ CAD

Maybe no one wants to hear what i will say, but...
One of the major advantages of using a modeler is that you can shape your tone, so if you use a couple of very high fidelity speakers you will have an amazing sound in you house and very easily.
But if you manage to make a goodtone using cheap speakers, then you can sound good in every place, and using aby cheap or expensive speaker.

So i believe that one must choose:
  • If you are gonna play in your house or if you play gigs and you are willing to carry around the speakers, you must choose expensive ones.
  • If you want to play gigs, carrying around only your guitar an your FM3, go for the cheaper ones.

Remember, is only my opinion.
I always want to hear what other people have to say.

...but I can’t agree that cheap speakers will make you sound better when you go direct. That goes against my own experiences. In any case, get the best speakers you can afford. That will get you the best translation to a good P.A. in a good venue. If you get a bad P.A. in a bad venue, that will affect your tone — but there’s no way to assure that the bad qualities of a bad P.A. in a bad venue will match the bad qualities of your cheap speakers.

Instead, concentrate on dialing in your live tones at volume, in a mix. That’s your best bet with any speakers or P.A./venue.

I had the Atomic CLRs which were amazing and now have a Friedman ASM-12 which I also like very much. There are lots of good options out there and you can't really go wrong with anything being suggested here. It just depends on your needs/budget and all of them will have pros/cons. Even with the FRFR solutions, I end up using my Adam monitors 90% of the time

Even with the FRFR solutions, I end up using my Adam monitors 90% of the time
This. A pair of good studio monitors is all you need for playing at home. CLRs and other stage-ready FRFR speakers are for playing out, or for when you absolutely, positively need to feel your pants flapping in the breeze, just for old times’ sake. :)

Back
Top Bottom