Top 3 Best Animes!

sprada

Inspired
So I've been watching Animes ocasionally over the last years.
I've been searching for new ones to watch. A friend suggested One Piece.
Watched episode 1 (not bad) and went to IMDB to see how many seasons and episodes there are. So it turns out it started in 1999 and it's in the 15th season. The 1st season has 47 episodes!!! That's a life project.

So hoping to find some nice suggestions.

My top 3:
- Naruto
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Ergo Proxy or Elfen Lied

Go!

Deathnote is my all time favorite. Full metal alchemist is probably my 2nd and after that it's a tie between Ninja Scroll and Ghost in the Shell.

I am a fan of anime, but not like a rabid fan. Some things drive me crazy... I can't watch Trigun because they HAVE to call him "Vash the stampede" every single time they say his name. It's like "yes. I get it. Can we just call him Vash from now on? Or use pronouns?"

I can't get into Elfin Lied, but I haven't given it my full attention.

I'll put my vote in for FMA too. After that, I'll go for Ghost in the Shell, Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop. Yes, I know that is four, but I don't watch a whole lot of anime and those are the ones that I liked enough to watch the whole series. Been meaning to check out Neon Genesis Evangelion, but haven't yet.

Also in the movies category, Akira still stands up. There is also a movie called Perfect Blue, which starts off like a straightforward Japanese schoolgirl popstar kind of thing and gets progressively more disturbing and effed up. This I'd the one I recommend to people who like "serious" movies and dismiss anime as "for kids". This one is most certainly NOT for kids.

Spriggan, Appleseed, Jin Roh, Wonderful Days, Blood, Steamboy, because Ghost in the Shell and Akira have eben already mentioned...and of Course....Captain Future! But only with the German Soundtrack from Christian Bruhn!

1. One Piece (currently 613 episodes and counting)
2. Naruto (552 episodes and counting; Original - 220, Shippuden - 332)
3. Bleach (336 episodes)

I know that the sheer number of episodes doesn't really mean anything when we talk about something being the best, but the fact there are so many to watch is part of what I like about these different shows. There is so much room for development with characters, plots, etc.

With the first two (OP and Naruto) what's really nice is that the over arching plot of the shows are always the same; the vast number of episodes are all part of one massive storyline. Every episode brings the main characters a little closer to what they are trying to accomplish. I can remember a number of shows I've watched in the past where the main characters are working towards some massive goals/objective and either the show gets canned or they complete their goal in a relatively short period of time; it seems so unrealistic. It's nice to watch a series which clearly shows that achieving something of value takes years of hard work, dedication, and perseverance; character traits which seem to be lacking in American television shows.

Gurrren Lagann - if you like Evangelion, most likely you will like this. It's only about 28 episodes. After that, watch the 2 movies. It takes it to another level... Literally.

Dragonball and Dragonball Z was my childhood favorite. If you're gonna watch it, watch the Kai version which takes out a ton of fillers and the quality is also better.

I also agree with Deathnote. Awesome.

Also, for musicians, I can't help but recommend Detroit Metal City. Nothing about Detroit in this one. It made me cry of laughter.

I used to play in an anime tribute band before so I was exposed to quite a few anime and manga titles.

1. Blade of the immortal - its a must see, but the anime wasn't taken beyond season 1, so if you want to finish the story you'd have to download the manga from bakabt (all their content is legal).

2. Great Teacher Onizuka

3. Hunter x Hunter or Code Geass

My top 3:
- Naruto
- Full Metal Alchemist
- Ergo Proxy or Elfen Lied

Go!

I just saw that you had elfen lied down... The perverted stuff the japanese make usually makes me cringe, but this anime was great. My wife enjoyed it as much as I did. This anime was cancelled after the first season as well. Again, you can continue the story with the manga.

Either you love it or hate it. A true mindfuck.

Yeah, I'm not sure why that was so popular. I guess at the time there weren't HEAPS of animes being translated into english??

I have to say, the endings to anime are often such a let-down. No wonder why one piece, naruto etc. are so popular.

My 3 favourites are:

Elfen Lied
Texhnolyze
Haibane Renmei

I'd also highly recommend Monster and Rurouni Kenshin: Tsuiokuhen

Holy shat the soundtrack to Elfen Lied is amazing!!

Back
Top Bottom