Took the plunge!

jyflorida

Power User
Ordered an Axe-FX II this afternoon! Waiting for the MFC to come back in stock, and still considering amplification choices.

Has anyone used an Atomic and got good results? They're roughly the same price point as the other stuff I'm looking at.

THanks!

What else are you looking at?
I have two atomics and love them. But i only use them for stage volume and dialing in presets. Then I have my stereo in ears for gigs
I heard the new atomic is supposed to be killer, but not sure when or if it's been released.
My friend has an RCF which sounds absolutely amazing but is a higher price point.

What else are you looking at?
I have two atomics and love them. But i only use them for stage volume and dialing in presets. Then I have my stereo in ears for gigs
I heard the new atomic is supposed to be killer, but not sure when or if it's been released.
My friend has an RCF which sounds absolutely amazing but is a higher price point.

Looking at an EV ELX112P or QSC K12. I'm also open to other suggestions. I was considering a Powerengine but heard the Axe doesn't sound that great through them.

I am currently using the power engine 60 and love it but have nothing to compare it too. I want to FRFR soon and see what all the fuss is about.

I am currently using the power engine 60 and love it but have nothing to compare it too. I want to FRFR soon and see what all the fuss is about.

That's what I thought the Powerengine was - FRFR but from what I've heard, it does color the sound.

That's what I thought the Powerengine was - FRFR but from what I've heard, it does color the sound.
As I recall, the Tech 21 Power Engine 60 is loaded with one Celestion Seventy 80-speaker, which is far away from being a full range-speaker.

I've also heard the QSC K10 is a good alternative - about $100 less than the K12.

Has anyone ever used anything from Peavey?

I am sure the Power Engine is not a FR speaker. When I finally try a FRFR I am sure I will not think the PE60 is great but not having any experience with the AX2 I am loving it.

If anyone is looking to stay under the $$$ line that the RCF's are (I bought two), I am sitting here with two PE-60 (Power Engine 60's) that I'm ready to part with...

Pete

Just curious - any recommendations as far as a rack case, something that can be carried? The Axe would be the only thing to go in it as I have no other rack gear. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom