Took the plunge

After a long decision-making process, I opted for the FM3. Although I did press the FXIII first but none were available. After watching Leon Todd produce some amazing tones, I'm hoping my wading into the digital world will be a blast. At my age, lugging aorund a Two Rock and associated pedal board and attenuation is not enjoyable. But to have every amp I've dreamed of, including my long departed Marshall 50watt MV from the 70s, at my fingertips in 7 pounds. Wow. So, I'm looking forward to many hours of joy. My band mates are shocked so far, but I think I've sent enough links from FM3 recordings (for all of you who have posted your bands and tones thank you) to convince them that this will work. I'll keep you posted on my progress:).

Welcome - I went (mostly) digital years ago with the Axe-FX ultra, cuz I was playing a lot of gigs where I couldn't turn up my tube amps at all, and what the fun in a tube amp with the volume on 0.5. My ears and my back have thanked me over the years.

Welcome to the dark side!

Welcome - I went (mostly) digital years ago with the Axe-FX ultra, cuz I was playing a lot of gigs where I couldn't turn up my tube amps at all, and what the fun in a tube amp with the volume on 0.5. My ears and my back have thanked me over the years.

Welcome to the dark side!
Exactly. I played a gig once using a Fender Musicmaster Bass amp from the 70s reworked by Blackie Pagano and was told by the bartender that I was too loud on 3. At 2 the amp made no sound. I have a Blankenship Fat Boy Jr, Roy's take on a champ, that I've used for outdoor gigs. If I showed with a half stack, I'd probably be fired on the spot:). I'm hoping that I can get the sounds in my head at bedroom volumes, then the sound crew can adjust the show volume. Or whoever is running the PA:).

Same here — received my FM3 today. But not totally new to fractal as I do have an older ax8 and formerly owned an axefx ultra. But wow the FM3 is incredible!

Welcome in! I have been here almost from the start and it's a great forum, lots of people here willing to help. As always check the manual if you can't wrap your head around that, YouTube is a great source! and if you can't find what you're looking for there the forum is always a handy place! sometimes not immediate but you will eventually get the answer you are looking for.

Some of the things that I’m particularly happy with are the improvement in UI in terms of editing from the unit. Very easy! Tones we obviously don’t have to go there (but I will) — so much easier to dial in than any previous modeler I have owned (and pretty much most of the big ones from helix to headrush to the old beans and a few digitech modelers of yesteryear). Feel is awesome and really not much different than my miked amps (be100 deluxe and slo 30) but a heck of a lot easier to do any time of day. unfortunately I now am also considering the big brother for ir capture and pushing the limits....feel free to dissuade me

It has arrived. Spent the last two days just scrolling through the presets, playing Thrill is Gone as reference or if an amp suggested a song then a song for that amp. Wow. My wife was skeptical, knowing that I am quite fussy about tone, but I had her listen to the bassman while playing the Thrill is Gone and she was amazed. My USB cable arrived so this weekend I get to hook up to the computer and use the editor. Oh boy:)!!

Mine gets delivered Monday, and I'm stoked.
I have Helix, and Kemper.
I think the Axe is the one I've been looking for.

Back
Top Bottom