Took the Black November Plunge !!

H&K Fan

Well,
The Fractal Gods have finally enticed me to take the plunge and order the III and FC 12 with their Black November magic !!!
I have enjoyed my time with the Fx8 and my tube amp, but it was finally time to take a big leap of faith and get into this whole incredible world of modelling wizardry!
Now, it is time to patiently wait for it to arrive and to begin my new journey.
Any words of advice as I wait? ( I promise to download and read the manual as I wait for it to arrive, and to figure out a reason for the Mrs. not to kill me! LOL. Ah well, better to beg forgiveness, than ask permission. LOL.)
Looking so forward to this, and hoping to hear from the members who have so much experience using the III.
Thanks all, I'm sure I will have many questions, but until then, Thank You Fractal!!!

Cooper Carter has a course that is worth every penny. I’ve also found Leon Todd’s @2112 YouTube videos and presets invaluable in learning.

Additionally you can save your blocks from the FX8 and import them

Yes, I have seen the trailer for Cooper's class, and I have been watching many videos by Leon, Burgs, Chris and others. Very very interesting and informative, along with some amazing playing and tones!

Well,
The Fractal Gods have finally enticed me to take the plunge and order the III and FC 12 with their Black November magic !!!
I have enjoyed my time with the Fx8 and my tube amp, but it was finally time to take a big leap of faith and get into this whole incredible world of modelling wizardry!
Any words of advice as I wait? ( I promise to download and read the manual as I wait for it to arrive, and to figure out a reason for the Mrs. not to kill me! LOL. Ah well, better to beg forgiveness, than ask permission. LOL.)
Looking so forward to this, and hoping to hear from the members who have so much experience using the III.
Thanks all, I'm sure I will have many questions, but until then, Thank You Fractal!!!
You're going to go nuts when you hear how great it sounds. Make sure you tell her about if before you plug in the FC-12! That thing lights up like a christmas tree, and even blinks like one !!!!

Thank you to everyone!
Hopefully it will be here by Friday (according to the UPS tracking)
Looking forward to seeing that big 'ol truck stopping in front of the house. lol
Talk about impatient. Ah well.
Scrolled through the manual for the AxeIII and the FC 12, boy, lots of reading but so much information in them, I'm going to have to reread them a couple more times.
I still can't get over all the amazing things this thing can do!

Going to go through a pair of Yamaha DXR 10's.
Also have the power stage and can try it through the Hughes & Kettner 2x12 with V30's just to try both ways and see which one I prefer.
Have a feeling I already know the answer, but always keep the options open

Well,
First of all I love the bold
Your excitement is well deserved and expected

CONGRATS AND WELCOME TO THE BIG SHOW [club]

just off the bat, read the manual ,BUY THE CARTER MASTER CLASS, and i listen to these guys like it’s my job: @unix-guy , @chris , @electronpirate , @Jason Scott and @Joe Bfstplk , @2112, [and if I forgot one or two or you gorgeous people I am sorry ]always sound feedback and advice from them

anyone (even INCLUDING ME sometimes) who doesn’t see it their way^ Needs to look again

ALSO people might mention beside cooper class, (you need to take it , it’s great) you might want to look into Austin Buddy pack and If you play metal SUS preset packs

If you need any special notes on ERG and metal and djent settings HMU

enjoy and have fun !!!!!
FAS IS THE Best

PS Did I mention it crushes the Helix and makes the kemper look like a generation 1 apple iPad ....

PPS kempers Suck in comparison to the axe 3 and most likely the Fm3

OMG!!!!!
I finally received my axeIII and FC 12!
Got time yesterday to hook things up and get to play through it.
All I can say is Thank You, Thank You, Thank You Fractal Audio!!!!
I must have spent 4 or 5 hours just playing through the first few factory presets and I have to say, the tones are just incredibly lush and lifelike and they have the most amazing clarity that I either never noticed before with my other equipment, or it just wasn't there in the first place.
Another thing that truly amazes me is the way that things clean up so nicely with the volume knob without losing any clarity whatsoever!!! Talk about true clean to mean capabilities!!
Cliff and team,
You folks have absolutely blown me away with this incredible machine and I have only just begun to scratch the surface and really learn what this beast can do, but I had to give my fingers a rest and to just say Thank you to you all for helping me to try and create my own musical nirvana!!!!!!
Now to go and lock myself away and lose another few hours exploring more of the presets!!!!

congrats on the baby, I can tell you as a newer member that once I figured out scenes and channels and the awesome power of the foot controller, the sky really is the limit. now I have to get rid of 20 years of equipment..lol

HI Fan,

Get some H&K amps on the wish list!
Welsome :)
Thanks
Pauly

Well,

Back
Top Bottom