Too much lag when using midi pedal to control looper

dsw67

I finally managed to program my Morningstar MC6 MKII to use the looper function. However the lag from the time I press the Record function to the time it reaches the AXIII makes the loops unuseable. Any suggestions for improving the responsiveness? Thanks in advance.

I finally managed to program my Morningstar MC6 MKII to use the looper function. However the lag from the time I press the Record function to the time it reaches the AXIII makes the loops unuseable. Any suggestions for improving the responsiveness? Thanks in advance.
you need to set the MC6 to Looper mode (they use different terms to refer to this) or reduce the delay time on the switches.

the midi message is being received at the Axe as fast as possible, but the MC6 has a delay on the message to see if you're tapping or holding the switch. there is a mode on the MC6 that sets delay on switches to 0 temporarily.

Thanks for the help guys.

The only 'looper mode' I was able to find is in the action type menu. (see first image). I tried setting it but all I think it does is turn looper mode on and off.

Then there's this in the User's Guide
====================
Looper Mode
Description

This message toggles in and out of Looper mode. Looper mode basically increase the sensitivity of your switches to the maximum, so that messages sent out are instantaneous. This is useful if you are using the MC6 to control time-sensitive functions such as Record/Play/Stop.

In firmware v3.2 onwards, instead of Toggle on/off, we added a selection to allow users to select whether they want to Toggle or set Looper Mode to On or Off.

====================
I'm not sure how it works however. When I select the Toggle Button in the upper left of the midi editor (link below) it simply turns it on and off, there's no option to set Looper Mode. I'm sure I'm missing something...

Web Midi Editor: https://editor-mkii.morningstar.io/

I was able to max the sensitivity which improved things.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 9.45.14 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-11-24 at 9.45.14 AM.png
    427.1 KB · Views: 7
Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom