Too Much Gear?

When I first got the Axe III I tweaked for weeks. Now, I am so happy with the recto red that I rarely stray far from it. I did recently try out the plex verb and have since adopted it for my clean patches. Thanks LT!

For me, the tweaking can be a distraction if I let it... But I try not to these days.

Now, I'm either going after a specific effect or I'm just experimenting to see what sparks my muse. Nothing better than stumbling into a blissfully inspiring sound and getting lost in it... :D

When I first got the Axe fx ii, I went down the rabbit hole. I thought my God I don't really even play anymore, just tweek, tweek, tweek. But then I decided that I needed to make it all real simple. So, I modeled my own cabinet and I use that cabinet exclusively for every amp. I simplified my signal chain one volume one Wah before the amp, amp, cab and then delay, Reverb and an eq. I used the EQ on scene 2 for my lead sound to just bump the mids and do a little boost as well as adding delay and reverb. Sometimes I'll use a compressor or a distortion pedal in front of the amp or a filter in front of the amp. Simple, I just change the amp I'm using for different tones. Cab is always the same cab and the signal chain is always the same. Can dial it in in like 2 min from scratch.

Back
Top Bottom