Too much bass

mudpuppy

Maybe I'm missing something. Had my Ax8 for about three months now using a Matrix gt1000 into a 1x12 EVM12L speaker. Not bad at all. Decided to try a Xitone 1x12 passive FRFR from all the hype about FRFR. Awesome cab It's a keeper. But what's going on with my dirty amps, mainly the Marshalls but all amps are affected. They are so very bassy. I tried the tone stack with some success. Tried many cabs. Other then turning all the tone knobs whats do you think is going on ? Thanks

hi mudpuppy
Look at low cut - turn it to the frequency that makes it all go away ;-)
Thanks
Pauly

Maybe I'm missing something. Had my Ax8 for about three months now using a Matrix gt1000 into a 1x12 EVM12L speaker. Not bad at all. Decided to try a Xitone 1x12 passive FRFR from all the hype about FRFR. Awesome cab It's a keeper. But what's going on with my dirty amps, mainly the Marshalls but all amps are affected. They are so very bassy. I tried the tone stack with some success. Tried many cabs. Other then turning all the tone knobs whats do you think is going on ? Thanks

Were you using a cab block and cab modeling with the EV? Are you using it with the Xitone (you should be).

The EV12 is a guitar speaker and is not flat. If you dialed in tones for that it's not going to translate directly to an FRFR as the FRFR is a model of a mic'd speaker, not a speaker in the room.

This is the nature of FRFR cabs. Like others have stated, get it up off the ground and set your HPF to about 100-120hz. I use the Auralex Acoustics pads under my cabs and they work great.

I have 4 of these speakers in a Marshal 1960 cab, i Also have an AX8 as well as 4 EV Black Label's don't use the speaker /amp emulation (depending on amp) AX8 will sound much better w/FRFR speakers if you can get some but keep in mind imo AX8 speaker emulation is still no way near as good as my EVM12L's and black label... Just an FYI....

I have 4 of these speakers in a Marshal 1960 cab, i Also have an AX8 as well as 4 EV Black Label's don't use the speaker /amp emulation (depending on amp) AX8 will sound much better w/FRFR speakers if you can get some but keep in mind imo AX8 speaker emulation is still no way near as good as my EVM12L's and black label... Just an FYI....
That must be one heavy cab. Thanks for the info, My EVM12L dose sounds pretty darn good,

That must be one heavy cab. Thanks for the info, My EVM12L dose sounds pretty darn good,
They sure are, if I start toting them around again I'll need to hit the gym for a few months first so I don't give my hernia, ;)

Back
Top Bottom