TOO many guitars not enough strings..the ANSWER- BULK

klaushouz

Experienced
Hi everybody, I have 12 guitars> I like to play the ones that are most responsive (read: only play the ones with fresh strings).
As none of my human friends would want to hang out very long, if I wore the same shoes everyday till they fell off, it dawned on me that the same applies to my electric and acoustic friends. SO I have taken to buying strings in bulk, that are not wound in loop packaging. I just hang them on a closet door and they "keep" for months
Juststrings.com offers pretty good discounts anyway, but to keep me coming back, every so often I get a little more off!
For others of like mind I am posting my coupon code email I just got today. Appears to be good for 4 more days.. ENJOY:encouragement:
We know you appreciate the value ofJustStrings.com Bulk Guitar Strings. To make these an even better deal, here is a 10% off coupon (good for the rest of June) on your purchase of JustStrings.com Bulk Guitar Strings:

bulk10 is the code use at checkout.

Nice discount on a very friendly price. Unfortunately, they're not the answer for me. I tried 'em and really didn't care for the feel. I found a place that'll do "custom" sets of GHS strings (any gauge plain strings with the wound strings from a regular set) at a very reasonable price. I get my custom burnished nickel sets for ~$5.50 each including shipping.

Hi, I recently discovered that a product I've used for decades for contact cleaning, Caig DeOxit or R5, was excellent for cleaning and preserving guitar strings. They've even come out with their own string wipes, but I just spray a little on the corner of a cloth and wipe them down with that.

Nice discount on a very friendly price. Unfortunately, they're not the answer for me. I tried 'em and really didn't care for the feel. I found a place that'll do "custom" sets of GHS strings (any gauge plain strings with the wound strings from a regular set) at a very reasonable price. I get my custom burnished nickel sets for ~$5.50 each including shipping.

I've had great success and saved a lot of money with D'addario sets of 25 over the years... price has gone up a bit as of late, but it's still a good deal: Amazon.com: D'Addario EXL120-B25 Nickel Wound Electric Guitar Strings, Super Light, 9-42, 25 Sets: Musical Instruments

Back
Top Bottom