• We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.

TOO many guitars not enough strings..the ANSWER- BULK

klaushouz

Experienced
Hi everybody, I have 12 guitars> I like to play the ones that are most responsive (read: only play the ones with fresh strings).
As none of my human friends would want to hang out very long, if I wore the same shoes everyday till they fell off, it dawned on me that the same applies to my electric and acoustic friends. SO I have taken to buying strings in bulk, that are not wound in loop packaging. I just hang them on a closet door and they "keep" for months
Juststrings.com offers pretty good discounts anyway, but to keep me coming back, every so often I get a little more off!
For others of like mind I am posting my coupon code email I just got today. Appears to be good for 4 more days.. ENJOY:encouragement:
We know you appreciate the value ofJustStrings.com Bulk Guitar Strings. To make these an even better deal, here is a 10% off coupon (good for the rest of June) on your purchase of JustStrings.com Bulk Guitar Strings:

bulk10 is the code use at checkout.

aleclee

Power User
Nice discount on a very friendly price. Unfortunately, they're not the answer for me. I tried 'em and really didn't care for the feel. I found a place that'll do "custom" sets of GHS strings (any gauge plain strings with the wound strings from a regular set) at a very reasonable price. I get my custom burnished nickel sets for ~$5.50 each including shipping.

dgzieg

Inspired
Hi, I recently discovered that a product I've used for decades for contact cleaning, Caig DeOxit or R5, was excellent for cleaning and preserving guitar strings. They've even come out with their own string wipes, but I just spray a little on the corner of a cloth and wipe them down with that.

GBM

Nice discount on a very friendly price. Unfortunately, they're not the answer for me. I tried 'em and really didn't care for the feel. I found a place that'll do "custom" sets of GHS strings (any gauge plain strings with the wound strings from a regular set) at a very reasonable price. I get my custom burnished nickel sets for ~$5.50 each including shipping.

I've had great success and saved a lot of money with D'addario sets of 25 over the years... price has gone up a bit as of late, but it's still a good deal: Amazon.com: D'Addario EXL120-B25 Nickel Wound Electric Guitar Strings, Super Light, 9-42, 25 Sets: Musical Instruments

Top Bottom