Too Heavy for Halftime - AxeFX?

rrogers

Inspired
Anyone else watch the live stream or uploads of it on YouTube?

Was wondering if the Axe was still in use for that show? I thought the live tones and energy were outstanding.

Have to disagree with many of the posters at RigTalk.

I would love to know the patch settings they used for Ride The Lightening.

yeah, there was definitely some ignorant in that rig talk thread. i mean, how many times have you ever hear a broadcast where the mix impressed?? and some were using that to discount the Axefx? ridiculous....

yeah, there was definitely some ignorant in that rig talk thread. i mean, how many times have you ever hear a broadcast where the mix impressed?? and some were using that to discount the Axefx? ridiculous....
Big Phish fan. I couch tour them quite a bit and I have to say their live broadcasts are stellar. But...and this is a huge but...they do this a lot. They record and release every live show so the live broadcasts are an extension of that. Practice and perfect and all that, right?

I thought James voice sounded great, really really great.... He sounded as good as he did in the load era to me, and to me his singing on King Nothing was perfect. To sound like that @ 52, you can tell he's totally kept clean. I am stoked for the new album. I think Kirk and Lars need to start practicing some of the olden goldies on their own time though as it's pretty obvious with how sloppy it gets at times. I also love Rob, but his bass tone has seemed to slowly get buried in the mix as time goes on and now he hardly even gets any camera time.... whats up with that?

Overall though, it was a good show and performance. What's great is how people watched and listened and and still are asking what amps they are using, confirming the Axe FX II's authenticity.

Have to disagree with many of the posters at RigTalk.

I would love to know the patch settings they used for Ride The Lightening.

Their guitar techs are extremely proficient Axe-Fx programmers. They shoot their own IRs and combine multiple lines of output to the board, plus a separate send to a power amp and cabs for stage level. It's all done under the careful and critical direction and review of the boss himself, who I found totally excellent to work with.

Their guitar techs are extremely proficient Axe-Fx programmers. They shoot their own IRs and combine multiple lines of output to the board, plus a separate send to a power amp and cabs for stage level. It's all done under the careful and critical direction and review of the boss himself, who I found totally excellent to work with.
Who's the boss? Is it the dude with the huge beard? If over his name, but have seen him in videos talking about the FOH board.

Who's the boss? Is it the dude with the huge beard? If over his name, but have seen him in videos talking about the FOH board.

I would assume the boss is James Hetfield, but you're referring to Big Mick Hughes.

Also I forget his forum name, but Chad Zaemisch (Metallica's guitar tech) has posted some very helpful stuff here.

You don't have to agree with me but sometimes the world feels like a place filled with people looking for things to whine about. "Ugh... he sucks! / Not impressed! / His performance was bad! / Blah blah blah!" I mean... these guys practically made metal a genre. If they didn't exist you might not have ever heard about metal music which is what most of those people complaining only listen to. Let that sink in for a while.

People don't seem to have respect for anything these days. I wonder if Beatles were still a gigging band would their fans (Is someone not a Beatles fan?) be complaining that their voices weren't as good as they used to be? Sure I fall for that too myself. I was never a fan of Kirk's or Lars's but when someone criticizes James that's when I lose it. :)

You don't have to agree with me but sometimes the world feels like a place filled with people looking for things to whine about. "Ugh... he sucks! / Not impressed! / His performance was bad! / Blah blah blah!" I mean... these guys practically made metal a genre. If they didn't exist you might not have ever heard about metal music which is what most of those people complaining only listen to. Let that sink in for a while.

People don't seem to have respect for anything these days. I wonder if Beatles were still a gigging band would their fans (Is someone not a Beatles fan?) be complaining that their voices weren't as good as they used to be? Sure I fall for that too myself. I was never a fan of Kirk's or Lars's but when someone criticizes James that's when I lose it. :)

Agreed, the man may not be able to sing like he did when he was 20, but he is still a monster guitar player! I was a late bloomer when it comes to metal, and the album that did it for me was Master of Puppets. The entire album front to back is a masterpiece!

As a Metallica fan, I've heard a lot of stupid stuff over the years. Some people still hold on to the Napster thing 16 years later (and often with misinformation)! At this point I just roll my eyes and move on.

I think the fact is the bigger and more successful you are, the more detractors you attract.

My position is that instead of complaining about how bad you think something is, you should go out and try to do that thing better. So instead of calling Kirk a bad guitar player or whatever, why don't you try and write a more memorable guitar solo than The Unforgiven or Ride the Lightning. Then sit back and wait for all the Internet comments to tell you that you suck. :p

As a Metallica fan, I've heard a lot of stupid stuff over the years. Some people still hold on to the Napster thing 16 years later (and often with misinformation)! At this point I just roll my eyes and move on.

I think the fact is the bigger and more successful you are, the more detractors you attract.

My position is that instead of complaining about how bad you think something is, you should go out and try to do that thing better. So instead of calling Kirk a bad guitar player or whatever, why don't you try and write a more memorable guitar solo than The Unforgiven or Ride the Lightning. Then sit back and wait for all the Internet comments to tell you that you suck. :p

Well Said. Agree 100%

Mikko-I am an old timer and metal really isn't my favorite genre. But I can appreciate talent-I like these guys since day one-they started something and kept going-You are so right about people having no respect-like I remember not long ago BB King was in a thread (wasn't about him) but someone posted about how he sucked and couldn't even play. Some folks just do not get it at all-Nice post
Frank

Back
Top Bottom