Tony at it again...smh, Axe-Fx III inside and out video review

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only DSPs more powerful than the one in the Axe-Fx III are the family members with more cores, but they're too expensive for a consumer product.
And most likely totally unnecessary.

Don't feel like you have to justify anything Cliff, you've created a great product, a market leader in fact. Tony didn't mention that you are always here listening to your customers looking to improve an already excellent product. I have never experienced that level of support with other gear manufacturers I've bought from....and I have some expensive gear.

It's impossible to satisfy everybody all of the time, but it's obvious you've satisfied a great number of people. If I could achieve half as much as you before I leave this earth I'd rest easy.

Don't rise to the bait....I think that's exactly what this guy wants.

Who wins in this culture of complaint, and what do they win?

Here we are complaining about a guy who is complaining...and yes, I'm aware of the irony of that statement.

But really...why?

The other day you tube suggested an old Morton Downey Jr. episode from 91 with Ace Frehely and Joey Ramone. I never watched the show before but I thought it might be interesting to see if Ace was anything like he has been represented by Gene and Paul over the years (he is...or least was then). The Shows format is basically you give the crowd open mics and the opportunity to say whatever they want and Mort just fans the flames, and as you would expect..they do their best to consume each other. Basically, it's the live action version of twitter/FB/forums/internet, etc... roughly 30 years ahead of time. I wonder if any of those people see themselves on youtube now and feel good about it.

Last edited:
The first 45 minutes is nothing more than him complaining about the low cost of the parts. The parts of a $40,000 Mustang probably only add up to $10,000 but there's more involved than the cost of parts. and at the end of the day its the CONSUMERS that decide on what the price is. If it's too expensive or not worth the price then not enough people would be buying Fractals to keep Fractal in business... but here we are 10 years later and people are still buying Fractals so obvisouly not everyone things it's too expensive for what it is.

Looks like Tony McKenzie may have met his match! He may end up regretting his slanderous review of the Fractal!
Either ways : Excellent acting or totally crazy ^^
Anyways : Starting counting the F word uses, but lol

Embedded video deleted by moderator because of inappropriate content

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of people seem to think if something has, say, $100 worth of parts it should sell for no more than $120. They fail to realize that the parts cost is a small part of the overall cost of the goods. There's also salaries, rent, utilities, insurance, R&D, etc., etc., etc.
You don't have to justify, if people don't understand that they understand nothing... They think a preset pack is $99 worth then don't feel an AxeFx III is $2500 worth ? ^^ Come on...

Oooooh he replied to my message in the classic manner of a self absorbed know it all. What a jerk.
Pauly

I'm legitimately confused how he made it sound that bad. The demo at the end of the video was just horrendous. Certainly wasn't using any of the factory presets. Sounds like he made his own preset and forgot to put the cab block in.

I doubt this review will mean anything in the grand scheme of anything though. Anyone serious about buying an Axe-Fx III will watch loads of review videos and every review I've seen aside from Tony's say that it's the best modeller going. So I doubt Tony's opinion is gonna persuade anyone.

Got no idea what he's on about with the whole size of the Fractal office. I wouldn't care if Cliff was bashing these things together in a mud hut with them sounding as good as they do.

Good lord, I got as far as where he points out everything on the PCBs. This guy has absolutely no idea what he's pointing at with his chopstick.

I'm confused why he keeps pointing out that the digital components are surface mount. Unless you've got a time machine and you're sourcing DIP packaged processors from 1983, how else would you attach them to a PCB?

He should obviously buy up the world's remaining stock of Zilog Z80s in DIP40 packages and build his own modeler unit with through hole packages.

EDIT: Gracious, this guy's going on implying that Fractal cheated on regulatory approval and that authorities would likely confiscate a Axe FX III if they run across one. That's an awfully serious claim to be putting up on YouTube.

Last edited:
Tony obviously has a chip on his shoulder after the first video and the beat down he got on the forum. He's trolling, it's a 3.5 hour troll, wow. Are companies supposed to sell products for what they made them for? Lots of stuff go into the production not just physical costs. Dude is a turd.

Although he received (and quickly replied to) the email I'd sent him about the incorrect stock levels, he quickly got into the store and placed an order, followed up by an email asking me to send them ASAP. The 'unhinged-o-meter' was swinging wildly so I just refunded him and never got back in touch.

Yeah, I've had customers like this. You can see them coming, too, because they almost always start off with a long barrage of aggressive pre-sales emails, sometimes over the course of several weeks. I always agree with their criticisms and helpfully provide links to my competitors, who I assure them will be better suited to meet their needs.

I always agree with their criticisms and helpfully provide links to my competitors, who I assure them will be better suited to meet their needs.

You're my hero. I thankfully don't have to directly interact with customers these days, but a few years back I REALLY wished I could do exactly this. :)

Don't think the boss would have approved, though.

Reactions: ESW
Anyone serious about buying an Axe-Fx III will watch loads of review videos and every review I've seen aside from Tony's say that it's the best modeller going. So I doubt Tony's opinion is gonna persuade anyone.

I saw his review of the Axe II when I was doing research prior to buying the III. It seemed like he had an axe to grind*, so I googled him and found his website. It's not quite Time Cube crazy, but it's enough to show that he's not someone to take seriously.

* no pun intended

Yeah, I've had customers like this. You can see them coming, too, because they almost always start off with a long barrage of aggressive pre-sales emails, sometimes over the course of several weeks. I always agree with their criticisms and helpfully provide links to my competitors, who I assure them will be better suited to meet their needs.

LOL! ...I do exactly the same thing.. I don't have the time to entertain freeloaders. I send them on their way.. Shipping costs too.. If a "professional company" can't grasp the basics of shipping costs - the costs associated with the actual product design and manufacture, and their own responsibilities in handling our product is going to be Way over their heads.

As for the video, quickly scanned through enough to get a good eyeball on internal components.

Nice clean design, efficient layout! Though I might have had to punch him in the dick for inexpertly uninstalling components and drunkenly jabbing-away at components with a ?? :0/ ..chopstick was-that?

Didn't listen too-much to what he was saying. ..Three and half hours of that is there? LOL! ....He could have learned the entire Miley Cyrus catalog in that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom