Tony at it again...smh, Axe-Fx III inside and out video review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didnt watch the video, rarely watch reviews of anything except ULTRA SPECIFIC aspects of something but BASED on the reactions

I’m selling my axe 3 immediately.

:D HAHAHAHAH I’m sorry, that made me laugh, like, it sounds like a REAL TROLL, and I wouldn’t waste my time watching it

I'm about an hour in (watching at 1.5 speed - he talks way too slow)

According to the reviewer, the entire unit is assembled in China and mostly comprised of parts made in China? It's been mentioned here before that the DSP is made in the USA (https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/axe-fx-iii-still-made-in-usa.134737/post-1592096) - is that still the case?

EDIT: I should probably note, I don't really care either way - I'm just curious. Ultimately, to me it seems the power and value in the Axe FX is in the software and the sounds it allows me to create.

He is right thou ...

It is a very long video ... :sleeping:
And I'm not gonna watch it. I've seen some of his former stuff.
He has an agenda. Quiet obvious.

Unfortunately youtube does count views or i would tell everyone to go post videos from Burgs Marco
Leon Andy wood
Synster Gates Mark Day in the replies

I do typically enjoy Tony's in-depth reviews. However, this review certainly has a hostile vibe to it. There's no doubt about it.

Lots of inaccuracies:

- "The power supply costs $7". Our price is over $20:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Cincon/CFM40T-03?qs=/ha2pyFaduj7PtBCgnnhsq6JjN89P/Z6hrtjx9BV9G8=

- "Made in China". The DSP module is made in Merrimack, NH, USA. That's why the fan assemblies ship separate. They are attached to the DSP module here and the module installed in the chassis.

- "Cheap Aluminum Cased Capacitors". He even states "105 degrees". 105 degree capacitors are the expensive ones. Most products use 85 degree capacitors.

- "They're not the high performance DACs you can get from Cirrus". Yes they are. The CS4385 is Cirrus' highest performance multi-channel DAC. Likewise the ADC is Cirrus' highest performance multi-channel ADC.

- Fractal Audio premises. The highlighted area is a landscaping company: The Greenskeeper. Fractal Audio owns 22.5% of the space at 4 Wilder Drive, an office and a warehouse.

I got to about 45 minutes and got bored with the biased agenda.

Lots of lies:

- "The power supply costs $7". Our price is over $20:
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Cincon/CFM40T-03?qs=/ha2pyFaduj7PtBCgnnhsq6JjN89P/Z6hrtjx9BV9G8=

- "Made in China". The DSP module is made in Merrimack, NH, USA. That's why the fan assemblies ship separate. They are attached to the DSP module here and the module installed in the chassis.

- "Cheap Aluminum Cased Capacitors". He even states "105 degrees". 105 degree capacitors are the expensive ones. Most products use 85 degree capacitors.

- "They're not the high performance DACs you can get from Cirrus". Yes the are. The CS4385 is Cirrus' highest performance multi-channel DAC. Likewise the ADC is Cirrus' highest performance multi-channel ADC.

- Fractal Audio premises. The highlighted area is a landscaping company: The Greenskeeper. Fractal Audio owns 22.5% of the space at 4 Wilder Drive, an office and a warehouse.

I got to about 45 minutes and got bored with the biased agenda. He's much smarter than you though because he can read the first page of a datasheet.

I pointed out in a comment to him that Ive been to the premises (picked up my III a few weeks ago) and that the highlighted area is incorrect and his rebuttal was he can only go by google lol. So he says he researched everything but the tune changes when he gets called out. Sounds like he left cab modeling off for the music examples as well, guy is a joke

Why in the hell should I care how much space Fractal Audio has at 4 Wilder Dr. anyway?

Because his mental illness no doubt makes that seem like a really important factor to him.....

I think there are some folks who are just wired a bit differently than the rest of us, and maybe those quirks allowed them to be successful in a given industry, but it also results in strange 3.5 hour YouTube videos, because anyone can have a platform in this day and age.

I’m sure he’s also far from the craziest “angry” guy in the Internet.

Got to love the ‘it never will never be a tube amp” & “it’s too expensive” argument. How to explain an isolated mic mixed amp vs tube amp with cab in the room.... Its 2019 I would think folks with their own recording studio would get this concept.

Simple math: Messa mark or lone star, strymon pedals and a few drive pedals over 3k. And that’s without a cab.

Beating the dead horse again!!!!

Because his mental illness no doubt makes that seem like a really important factor to him.....

I think there are some folks who are just wired a bit differently than the rest of us, and maybe those quirks allowed them to be successful in a given industry, but it also results in strange 3.5 hour YouTube videos, because anyone can have a platform in this day and age.

I’m sure he’s also far from the craziest “angry” guy in the Internet.

He undoubtedly has a bone to pick with FAS for whatever reason. But seriously, if he thinks Axe-Edit is too complex, how does he operate a computer or make videos? Seriously. And the tone he cooked up for the musicians at the end of his review? Give me a break.

He undoubtedly has a bone to pick with FAS for whatever reason. But seriously, if he thinks Axe-Edit is too complex, how does he operate a computer or make videos? Seriously. And the tone he cooked up for the musicians at the end of his review? Give me a break.

Your looking at it logically, and logic doesn’t work with guys like this...

He’s got irrational issues and grudges, with FAS, and probably with the world in general. I’m sure he’s angry no one is “smart” enough to see the world as he sees it, and no one recognizes his genius, or his musical talents et al.

I’m sure there is also lots of resentment and jealousy that guys like Cliff got all the success, and all he has is a YouTube channel.

Basically angry at the world type guy.... sadly there seems to me more and more of these types in today’s society, and it probably only going to get worse.

I just had to click the video and then skipped to 3 hours and something and he was going through the amp settings "Then you have all this setting, (*switches to the power supply) Power supply? Why do they even have this setting? Unless you are a power supply expert all this I've shown you you won't even use it" HHAHAHA, that's why fractal is the best, if you now exactly your ideal amp, you will get the tone that amp gives you. Just don't watch the video, it's plain stupid

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom