Tony at it again...smh, Axe-Fx III inside and out video review

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder whether that guy has watched and heard any of the talented players on this forum getting amazing tone out of the AxeIII......Marco Fanton, Leon Todd, Mark Day, Camilovelandiamusic, Cooper Carter, ccroyalsenders, Burgs and a myriad of others. The three guys he presented at the end sounded like ass.

I agree, he's got too much time on his hands. I skipped through the 3 1/2 hours in ten minutes.....then went back to playing music through the AxeIII and loving it!

What a tool, he gave that tone an 8 out of 10 and didn’t have cab block on.. lmao.
This is why you can never trust reviews on the internet.. never assume the person reviewing knows what they are doing. There’s always going to be a few absolute morons out there who have no business poking their head in where it shouldn’t be.

His main issue seems to revolve around the complexity of the unit, which to me is a vapid argument considering the number of musicians who use DAWs and plugins. Most of the major DAW's have a far greater learning curve than Axe-Edit. To me, Axe-Edit is completely simple to use/navigate once you understand the basic concept, and every modeler on the market has a learning curve, bar none. Rather than complexity, the Axe-Fx offers far more flexibility than the competition. It's one of the things I absolutely love about the unit.

Last edited:
What I thought was quite funny was the fact he said he wasn't bias at all. And then at the end of the video there's a clip of music recorded by the Helix and that was easier to get a tone out of then the Axe III. Why not record a sound yourself Tony? using the Axe III at the end. You normally do play these products yourself but didn't this time.

I'm not trying to bring anyone down here but the guys at the end couldn't really play that well, or had much experience at all. How can you compare the Axe III to the Headrush? If it took you 45mis to an hour to get a sound out of the Axe then you must be doing something drastically wrong lol

No research went in to find any of the artist or excellent players that are associated with the Axe III. Plus not a word was mentioned about the forum or community we have.

Pretty one sided if you ask me. I think Tony was more interested in the CE and Rohs markings on the Axe. I don't think G66 would be able to sell the Axe III in the Europe or even the UK if it didn't have the proper safety markings and tests. Surely it would be banned from being sold in Europe if that was the case?

Why do we need to know about Fractal's shipping details? Is that really relevant? it's their business not ours.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom