Tony Iommi

Decimator

Inspired
I finally dialed in a decent sounding Iommi patch. I'm using the 1959 SLP Jump and it's the closest thing I could get to the Master Of Reality sound. The individual treble and normal drives on the basic tab make all the difference. I also use two drive pedals and had to tinker a bit to get as close as I could for some fuzz and treble boost. I have been trying to get a sound for Into The Void and realized there is 8 seconds of just guitar in the beginning so once I was close with the rest of the patch I did a tone match and damn it sounds nearly exact on my setup with my Les Paul through FRFR HS8's. Here are the syx files. Have fun.

Here is a sound cloud clip of the cover I am working on for Into The Void with this preset. The bass is my Ibanez SR1500 using the SV1 amp.

Attachments

• Tone Iommi bundle.syx
    12.7 KB · Views: 95
  • Tone Iommi.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 89
Last edited:
Hello! I'm interested in creating a similar preset, but I have an FM3 so I can't use your presets exactly. Would you be willing to post the gist of how to get this sound? Thanks in advance.

I've converted the preset to Axe-FX III. It doesn't convert the Tone Match, but I've found a good combination with the 4x12 5153 Factory Cabs.

It sounds brutal with the Aldrich pickups. I've only retouched the CAB preamp, the Amp Output EQ and the Amp Master Volume

It will be easier to convert this one to FM3

Attachments

• Tone Iommi III.syx
    48.2 KB · Views: 25
I've converted the preset to Axe-FX III. It doesn't convert the Tone Match, but I've found a good combination with the 4x12 5153 Factory Cabs.

It sounds brutal with the Aldrich pickups. I've only retouched the CAB preamp, the Amp Output EQ and the Amp Master Volume

It will be easier to convert this one to FM3
Thanks for doing this! I was just looking at the thread trying to remember everything I did to arrive at that sound but hopefully, @metalgarth can work with this now.

Back
Top Bottom