ToneStack Frequency - An Embarrassment of Riches! ;)

Radley

Experienced
I am loving 9.0 plus, and one of the biggest keys for me is the ToneStack Frequency parameter - give it a try! Many amp models that sound a bit coarse or lo-fi can be made uber-useful by simply changing their ToneStack Frequency - usually, raising it higher equates to more boutique type tones (which I am personally partial to), and the Cab's Speaker Size is a useful distant cousin, going in either direction. I love this box more and more.... ;)

I realize we have had this parameter for a good while, but it seems to be even more effective in 9.0.1 - SO cool to keep getting these awesome updates... ;)

I totally agree with you Radley ... seems as though the Graphic EQ in the amp block has also become more effective with each update. So maybe this wasn't just my imagination :)

I am loving 9.0 plus, and one of the biggest keys for me is the ToneStack Frequency parameter - give it a try! Many amp models that sound a bit coarse or lo-fi can be made uber-useful by simply changing their ToneStack Frequency - usually, raising it higher equates to more boutique type tones (which I am personally partial to), and the Cab's Speaker Size is a useful distant cousin, going in either direction. I love this box more and more.... ;)

I have to try the tone stack freq out. I don't think I ever touched that one. But I have played with the speaker size and was stunned to see I could tweak the sounds with just a little turn in either direction depending on the tone you are seeking. Very cool parameter .
Thanks for the tone stack tip !!!!

Thanks for the tip Radley. I got my II yesterday and - yes- altering tonestack freq does make a pleasing difference on some patches. All the options are a bit overwhelming coming from a standard - most amps sound really really good now...so what do I use?! I thought of this thread when reading about the Fat switch in the manual:

"FAT – In the same way the TREBLE knob (above) also controls BRIGHT, the MID operates as a “Fat” switch,
emphasizing midrange “body” by shifting the tonestack center frequency down."

Back
Top Bottom