tonestack curves

DonPetersen

Fractal Fanatic
white noise -> Tube Pre with changing tonestacks

Tube Pre in default, except drive, which I set at 5 (no presence, since I'm not sure if the presence frequency is switched when changing the tonestack, or if it is amp dependent)

(the spikes at appr. 1.1kHz, 3,1kHz & 6.1kHz are generated by the white noise block)

the white lines from left to right are 50Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 5kHz, 10kHz

bypass (white noise only)
bypass.jpg

Tube Pre passive (which ironically is also 'active')
passive.jpg

Last edited:
the white lines from left to right are 50Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz, 500Hz, 1kHz, 2kHz, 5kHz, 10kHz

Blackface
blackface.jpg

Blues Jr
bluesjr.jpg

Blues
blues.jpg

Boutique
boutique.jpg

Brit JT45
BritJM45.jpg

Last edited:

Brownface
brownface.jpg

CA3+SE
CA3SE.jpg

CarolAnn
carolann.jpg

Citrus
citrus.jpg

Corncob
corncob.jpg

Last edited:

Euro Uber
eurouber.jpg

Euro
euro.jpg

Freyer D60
freyerD60.jpg

German
german.jpg

High Power
highpower.jpg

Last edited:

Mr Z
MrZ.jpg

Plexi
plexi.jpg

PVH 5150
PVH5150.jpg

Recto ORG
RectoORG.jpg

Recto Red
RectoRED.jpg

Last edited:

Skyline
skyline.jpg

Solo X99
solox99.jpg

Top Boost
topboost.jpg

USA Clean
USAClean.jpg

USA Lead
USALead.jpg

Last edited:

Vintage
vintage.jpg

Wrecker
wrecker.jpg

Last edited:
Cool! It is indeed nice to have a reference to compare the different tonestacks instead of changing around at random,
which I then never did do that much..

Thanks!

Jens

nice one don. i've been using the usa clean for ages as my main gigging clean sound, but i was never totally happy with it (i prefer the triaxis green channel), but i switched the tonestack for "blues" and wow....lovely! thanks again! so much easier having the visual reference.

sim

Last edited:
Great stuff Don, thanks.
I wonder why almost all of them have a little spike in the middle?

I mentioned it in the drive curve thread, but not here (now edited):

the spikes at appr. 1.1kHz, 3,1kHz & 6.1kHz are generated by the white noise block
I can see how that might be irritating :)

So I'm trying to get my head around this info. I'm out of town for the rest of the week and away from the Axe, so I can't test anything, sorry. Am I right in thinking that
1) If I just put an amp on the grid without tweaking anything that the passive tonestack EQ will look almost exactly as you have shown for the amp indicated?
2) If I then change the tonestack to active and dial up a different amp tonestack type, the resulting EQ curve will then be exactly like the active one and all other parameters of the original amp will remain the same?
3) If I then change any of the tones (bass, mid, treble), the EQ would then change accordingly (pretty obvious here)? So,
4) I should change tonestack early in the tweaking process to make the basic change, then tweak other things that have less effect?
Thanks for all the work, Don, I just want to make it usable to me. I know I could be way off in my assumptions, please set me straight.
Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom