ToneQuest - S02E01 - Preset breakdown for "Still got the blues" by Gary Moore + Free preset

gurtejsingh

Inspired
Hey folks! The preset breakdown for the first Episode of ToneQuest for 2020 is out on my YouTube channel. The preset is for the epic tone from Still got the blues by Gary Moore. The preset is available on Axe Change for you to download and try. Everything is 100% stock, so it should work out of the box!

Let me know your thought about the tone, the video or anything else! Looking forward to your feedback and support! Cheers and keep rockin'!

Interesting approach! I think you nailed the tone. But... didn’t he play the song with a Les Paul? jk

Few things I’ve never tried:
  • bring down the master volume on a JTM. Was it really different with master on 10? Must’ve had a lot more bass.
  • overdo mids in a Marshall amp. I think it sounded great.

Another great preset, thank you.
There are two things that I like about your presets, other than the tone quality of course, one is that they are aimed at the Axe-FX II, the other is that you put the presets on Axe-Change where they all should be.

Interesting approach! I think you nailed the tone. But... didn’t he play the song with a Les Paul? jk

Few things I’ve never tried:
  • bring down the master volume on a JTM. Was it really different with master on 10? Must’ve had a lot more bass.
  • overdo mids in a Marshall amp. I think it sounded great.

Thank you buddy! I don't remember how it sounded with the Master volume at 10, honestly I made so many tweaks that I will have to give it a try again. Yeah, it sounds pretty honky when you overdo the mids, but I think it suits for this song's tone. Thanks again!

Another great preset, thank you.
There are two things that I like about your presets, other than the tone quality of course, one is that they are aimed at the Axe-FX II, the other is that you put the presets on Axe-Change where they all should be.

Dude thank you so much! Look forward to your feedback always, thank you so much for always taking out the time. I think Axe-Change is the best place since they directly can be downloaded to the Axe FX with one click!

Thanks again! Cheers.

Thanks for the preset and break down gurtejsingh. Hope that the fires are getting rain to help put them out.

Many thanks Gurtej for the preset and also for your explanation of why you used and tweaked each block.
Also for using stock FX II settings and Axe-change. Great community contributor.
Plus you play a mean guitar.
Thanks again.

Thanks for the preset and break down gurtejsingh. Hope that the fires are getting rain to help put them out.

Thanks a lot man. Thank God for the rains!

Many thanks Gurtej for the preset and also for your explanation of why you used and tweaked each block.
Also for using stock FX II settings and Axe-change. Great community contributor.
Plus you play a mean guitar.
Thanks again.

Thank you buddy! I really appreaciate all the support and it's what keeps me going! More presets coming up soon :)

Hey Guys, Anyone with a Les Paul tried this preset? I know some tweaks might have been neccessary, but would love to hear how it sounds. Cheers guys and thanks for all the feedback!

Back
Top Bottom