ToneQuest - Gary Moore - “The Loner”

Hi Gurtej, I took your advice (from your YouTube channel) uploaded the brilliant Fractool and converted the file to work with my AX8.
It's brilliant. So far, with about 3 days of AX8 ownership, it's my fave preset. I'v.e tried it with a couple of different guitars, a Sterling (by MusicMan) AX40 and a 1977 3 pup LP custom. To my ears, the LP wins the day with its darker richer sound. Please keep the ToneQuest presets coming as you are a true shining star. Thank you.

Hi Gurtej, I took your advice (from your YouTube channel) uploaded the brilliant Fractool and converted the file to work with my AX8.
It's brilliant. So far, with about 3 days of AX8 ownership, it's my fave preset. I'v.e tried it with a couple of different guitars, a Sterling (by MusicMan) AX40 and a 1977 3 pup LP custom. To my ears, the LP wins the day with its darker richer sound. Please keep the ToneQuest presets coming as you are a true shining star. Thank you.

So glad that it worked out well amd thank you so much for the kind words! Really appreciate it. More Gary Moore presets coming soon :) Stay tuned on the channel. Cheers

I'm already looking forward to hearing what you come up with next Gurtej, Gary Moore has always been a favourite of mine since the Thin Lizzy Black Rose days, along with some of the stuff on his Back On The Streets solo LP from the same period. His tone changed over the years with some great sounds so I'll be eagerly waiting to hear what sound(s) you choose. Thank you.

The last time I saw Gary he had massive volume and didn't appear to care about muting but would rather let the guitar 'sing' with open strings between licks. Not only would that sound take some emulating but keeping it under control as a player would also be a challenge.

I'm already looking forward to hearing what you come up with next Gurtej, Gary Moore has always been a favourite of mine since the Thin Lizzy Black Rose days, along with some of the stuff on his Back On The Streets solo LP from the same period. His tone changed over the years with some great sounds so I'll be eagerly waiting to hear what sound(s) you choose. Thank you.
Thank you buddy. Yes, his sound has evolved over the years and so has his tone. Choosing any song is tough :)

The last time I saw Gary he had massive volume and didn't appear to care about muting but would rather let the guitar 'sing' with open strings between licks. Not only would that sound take some emulating but keeping it under control as a player would also be a challenge.

I agree that it adds a very unique character to the playing and is really hard to emulate. You want to be clean and play dirty at the same time :) It's an art!

Back
Top Bottom