ToneQuest - Episode 6 - Joe Satriani - "Cryin' Free" Preset!

Just try the preset and I have a Ibanez MCO 2480 and the preset have some noise... Don’t have much expression like the sound of Satch... But that’s my opinion.. Or something I do wrong... Anyone with the same issue?

Could be possible. Everyone has different gear and different styles of playing. The preset may need some tweaking to get it to sound good on your gear.

And yes, you are absolutely correct. These presets are nowhere close to the original, and they may lack (hopefully only a few) things, but these are attempts which hopefully are 'close' to the original and hopefully give everyone a sense of direction for tweaking and suiting them for their gear and style of playing. I am calling that out hopefully in each attempt, but I really appreciate your feedback.

Maybe try changing the amp to the JS signature amp and see how it sounds. For noise, you can always use a noise gate to reduce it.

Hope this helps.

Nice cover man! I've been playing through this one recently myself. Interesting you chose to use a vocoder. I just realised he actually used a wah on cryin' and never noticed it ever before in years of listening to that album. Sneaky Joe...

Nice cover man! I've been playing through this one recently myself. Interesting you chose to use a vocoder. I just realised he actually used a wah on cryin' and never noticed it ever before in years of listening to that album. Sneaky Joe...
Thank you so much buddy for checking out. Yeah, there's something very nasal about his tone there, could be Wah but I never had a Wah pedal lol. Thank you again!

Hey guys!

Episode 6 is out for my ToneQuest series, and this time I tried to dial in the amazing tone for the guitar god Joe Satriani from the song Cryin'.

As always, preset is FREE and available for you to try from the Axe Change here: http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=7128

Looking for your support and feedback! Please, please do let me know how I did :) Cheers!

Very nice tone and playing. I enjoyed! Going to try the preset. Thanks!!

Back
Top Bottom