Tonematching help needed with Saving my TM presets

JohnRaptor

Inspired
Hi everyone. Okay, I think Im getting the hang of tone matching but I have a few questions I am hoping someone can help me with.

1 - How do I save my TM file? Each time I try to save it it asks to save in a cab slot or overwrite the anmp preset I started my TM with. I want my TM patch to be saved as one preset without having to load an IR. I see some tone matches are like that, you have the TM file and you have to load a cab as well. Maybe Im just doing it wrong. I need a good solid instruction on how to save my TM preset.

2 - After I successfully make a Tonematch can I then load my saved file into Axe Edit and tweak it up from there, name it etc?

Thanks so much for any help!

Hi everyone. Okay, I think Im getting the hang of tone matching but I have a few questions I am hoping someone can help me with.

1 - How do I save my TM file? Each time I try to save it it asks to save in a cab slot or overwrite the anmp preset I started my TM with. I want my TM patch to be saved as one preset without having to load an IR. I see some tone matches are like that, you have the TM file and you have to load a cab as well. Maybe Im just doing it wrong. I need a good solid instruction on how to save my TM preset.

2 - After I successfully make a Tonematch can I then load my saved file into Axe Edit and tweak it up from there, name it etc?

Thanks so much for any help!

Hi John

1. After creating a tone match preset, you can either save the entire preset right where it is (store, enter, enter) or store the whole preset to a new location (store, turn the wheel to select a new number, then press enter, enter).

The option you are seeing about saving as a cab IR exports only the tone matching data so you can use it in the cab block instead of the tone matching block. An example of why you might want to do this would be running different matches on the left and the right.

2. Yes, as of the newest version, Axe edit can be used to create tone matches or edit in any way those presets which contain them.

Thanks so much for your help!

I am still on 6.0 but was upgrading soon. You mean in the latest update I could actually make a tone matched preset right in Axe edit without having to do it on the front of the Axe? Are there any changes to the way its done in Axe-edit compared to doing it on the front panel? Sounds very cool!

Back
Top Bottom