Tonematching a Marshall JVM 410H

m~Dan

Hey,

I tried profiling/tonematching my heavy modded JVM 410H (which is an awesome amp by the way). I used Morphosis template and obviously used the JVM OD1 amp from the axe (altough my JVM doesn't really sound like a stock JVM). I didn't spent much time trying to set up the "basic" amp before matching, I guess it was like 30 seconds :D

Well - here the results:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/9333867/Axe/jvm_axe.flac

I have to say: I'm very impressed. It worked very well, it's not 100% but actually I prefer the AxeII over the original amp - it seems to be less muddy. I think I put a little too much gain on the AxeII amp but you can definately get the idea how well tonematching works. I should do a profile of the JVM OD1 too, but I doubt that it would be much better :confused: Maybe I'll try that tomorrow :)

Daniel

Thanks :) I'll post the patch tomorrow! I used a PRS Singlecut with PRS ME Pickups - but I used the Synth Block for tonematching.

I've modded my jvm, this will be interesting to look at the differences. Although I can say that by ear I can still dial In tones that sound very very close to my jvm, only issue I have is volume from my matrix, my jvm is way louder, even with 2 tubes pulled out, I'm thinking of getting a gm50 n seein what thats like

I too am interested.

680nF parallel to R97
R58 -> 137k (like JCM800)
C83 -> 100nF
C50 -> 100uF
C81 -> 100uF
R106 -> 3H choke

That were the most audible mods I did. I also played around with a OD1 JCM800 mod but nearly removed it completely, have to open the amp to see which parts I left in. Also did some shielding and replaced the OT with a Mercury, but that didn't change the sound alot, I only did this because I blew up the original one :eek:ops

Will post the patch, didn't have time yesterday :-(

Daniel

P.S.: Cliff - we need a schematic editor for the Axe :D Real-time SPICE :D

Back
Top Bottom