Tonematched my Roland JC 120 (Steve Rothery Marillion patch)

Merlin

Experienced
I got a question to share my Roland JC 120 patch.

I matched my Roland Jazz Chorus 120 and i am happy with the results, This is also my Marillion Steve Rothery patch for
my Marillion tribute band so there is a rather extreme chorus dialed in based on the old Boss CE-300 Chorus.
I also included a lead patch.

Later on i will post a sound file..

Attachments

• JC 120 CLEAN.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 207
  • JC 120 LEAD.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 179
Not near my Axe to test how it sounds, but is the JC120 lead that characteristic juicy Rothery distorted lead tone he uses on solos?

Here are the new presets.

Remember to bypass the fxloop (i use my analog man ds1 for lead) and in the lead patch to turn on the drive, i made a rat drive block which comes close to my ds1

Hope it works now.

Attachments

• JC 120 CLEAN.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 92
  • JC 120 LEAD.syx
    6.3 KB · Views: 71
Thanks for sharing. I've been a Marillion fans since Script. I loaded the patches and I'm getting a weird higher octave type tone (almost sounds lime a Coral Sitar) when having the Tone Match on. With TM turned off, it sounds fine. Anyone else have the same issue? Also, the Drive patch doesn't sound anything like a typical classic SR (I'm talking 1983-1990) lead tone - DS1 into a JC120. Again, issues with the TM block.

Getting a weird phasey ring on every note.
When you capture the amp or recording make sure everything is set to left.

Sorry guys i really don,t have a clue why that is ..... here i uploaded the patches in another bank on my axe again and they are fine ... i run them in stereo maybe
that is an issue ?

Back
Top Bottom