Tonematch Queen-One Vision

Hubi

Experienced
Played with the same Preset on two tracks - with an G&L Strat Humbucker (Staufer Hot) and splitting Humbucker on the other side.

Matched from a you-tube Video, the second Voxamp has got the 2x12 Silver cab mix from the Axe-Fx.

It´s difficult to get very close to the original Sound - there are a lots of tracks in the original with different EQ- and Gainsettings.

It doesn´t Sound exaktly like Brian May (I´m not a big fan), but it works great for a Live-Band.

Have fun with it - and make it better, please! Let me hear it!

View attachment Queen Tonematch.syx

Last edited:
Sounds a little too compressed IMO, BUT.... it sounded damn close and I would happily use that preset for some live Queen stuff. Great effort man!

A really good tone!! But remember that Brian May uses Celestion Greeenback with the AC30TB and the AlNiCo Blue with the AC30 Normal.

Thanks for the answers.

I´ve seen, that there´s a mistake in the second Treble Booster - the low cut is up to 2000 Hz. To much - turn it down to maybe 550 Hz, so the Sound becomes more bigger. Better for the live Players (Fabio.........) - Edit- Forget it - it´s only the preset in my Axe.........You´ve got the right on........so I have to download my own preset.........

Alnico Blue - I don´t like them in the Axe with much Gain on the Vox-Amp.

Where can I get an Greenback 2x12 Cab? It´s not in the Axe.........mmh. Anyway what Mr. May uses in the real life - it hast to work for my ears...........

But the search goes on - I´ve returned to the AC 30 normal Amp - with Master and Drive on 10.00. I´ve recogniced, that the Treble Boost really begins to work...

Examples are coming here............Maybe this night (I´m from Germany........)............

Last edited:
Sounds great Hubi!! I really like the tone! Nice job, and thanks for the preset! :encouragement:

Queen One Vision - more meat

Ok, here ist is..........Firmware 12.04 beta

The Vox AC 30 with Drive on 10 + Trebleboost.........same Cabs/Tonematchblock, again two tracks with G&L Strat + Humbucker/split.

You have to bear my Solos - I´m not so good in These things.........

The Rhythmpreset:
View attachment Queen Vox AC 30.syx

The Solopreset (mono):
View attachment Queen Vox AC 30 Mono.syx

Hope, someone will listen after Firmware 13.......

Last edited:
Hi boof,

thank you for the answer. First I have to update to 13.........I´m looking Forward to try your Sounds!

Hi Boof,

I´ve updated - but I can hear anything, when I Import your present to AxeEdit. Anything I have to do?

Mr Brian May, has a very unique sound. ;)

No one to date has tried to play it with the FW Quantum 2.0 ?

The, Tone Match, also works on Q.2.0 ?

Thank you all :D

I have forgot this thread .........
Would be very surprised if this tonematch works with Q 2.0........

When I need a Queen-Sound today I play it with the very good free cab (1965 blue) from this forum + Greenbacks in a Stereocab or OH Justin York. Comes really close to that sound.

But you´re right - I should tonematch it again - very easy with this song.

Last edited:
We have a "stain from War" in hand, "Axe Fx XL" ! ;)
I do not think it is impossible not to reproduce that sound
If there is a problem, and have that kind of guitar, in my opinion

Back
Top Bottom