1. We would like to remind our members that this is a privately owned, run and supported forum. You are here at the invitation and discretion of the owners. As such, rules and standards of conduct will be applied that help keep this forum functioning as the owners desire. These include, but are not limited to, removing content and even access to the forum.

Please give yourself a refresher on the forum rules you agreed to follow when you signed up.
    Dismiss Notice

Tonematch or IT this is the question

Discussion in 'Axe-Fx II Tone Match' started by waylander69, Jun 22, 2018.

1. waylander69

waylander69
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Hi
    I think this could be the best place for this question, sorry if not.

I have been a long time Axe FXII user 6 year but just created presets since work takes me away for long periods of time I have always wanted a portable FXII but it hasn't appeared.
    3 months ago I saw Geof Tates operation mindcrime and they were using Macs onstage as well as a drum kit and keyboard no amps. I asked the guitarist what software they were using and he said guitar rig. Which I had tried before with poor results . I then realised Kelly Gray had probably made some IR's or tonematch's

The question can I tonematch a present off the axe fx and run it through main stage on my Mac maybe using can lab 3 ?

Cheers
    G \../

2. dpeterson

dpeterson
    Expand Collapse
    Fractal Fanatic

you could export the tone match to an IR and re-use i'm pretty sure.

3. waylander69

waylander69
    Expand Collapse
    Inspired

Was thinking I might try to record me playing through a patch then tonematch against it to create an ir and see what the results will be.
    I remember Scot P doing an acoustic ir that i use but i dont know if i have everyghong i kneed as i dont have any mics so hope I can do it over usb
    Oh well fingers crossed
    Cheers
    G \../