Tonematch Alternatives

rrhoads17

Inspired
Is there any software that can take an isolated guitar track, EQ match it, like the AxeFx does, with your FM3 tone, convert it into an IR/Syx, then you can import the tonematched IR into the FM3?

If you have Logic Pro, the tools for that are built-in to Logic. Otherwise, any deconvolver, like the one from Voxengo, will do the job. Ozone is particularly good at EQ matching. Note that if you want to tone match, instead of simply matching the EQ of the source track when playing the identical notes, you'll probably need more than an isolated guitar track. In that case, something that covers a broad frequency range will be required.

+1 on GlennO.

I have IK Multimedia's Master Match, and it can generate a matching EQ curve, but you then need to impliment that in the FM3. It's not perfect, but it can help you see what freqencies you need to target.

Is there any software that can take an isolated guitar track, EQ match it, like the AxeFx does, with your FM3 tone, convert it into an IR/Syx, then you can import the tonematched IR into the FM3?
The problem you encounter next is that you have only 1 Cab block and no IR Player block, so how do you use it?

I did post a reply to another thread recently discussing how that might be possible if you only need a single mono cab by using the Send/Return blocks.

I guess if you match with an IR already in your preset you might not need any Cab? I never tried because Tone Match isn't my thing...

My approach (admitedly, not a perfect solution): i) record track into DAW, ii) let Master Match generate a matching eq curve with reference track, and iii) use parametric eq in FM3 after cab block to mimic the matching eq curve in Master Match.

Back
Top Bottom