ToneClone - John Petrucci #1 (fw17.00 + Cab Pack 7)

I´m just curious about the signal chain there is in the OP clips. Somehow I thought that they are not Tone Matched, just tweaked with amp and cab+ CK pack... maybe it was my daily wet dream?
Is there a TM block in the chain?
I´m asking this because last night I tested with few Clark Kent Presets. Without tweaking. Changed the mic alloy + Tone Matched it. I got REALLY CLOSE with my PRS SE that has very different pups than "Chuck" (beard and muscles. Shield and Rush) :)
People who are into this should really try this. Those IRs make huge difference there! I don´t need to be any closer with different guitar. You know, they all sound good but different.
But TM is not what I´m looking for. It´s too easy and not the real thing for me :)

Yes there's a tonematch block in the presets =)
BUT the thing is that I got as close as possible WITHOUT tonematching, and then I did the tonematch just to get REALLY close.. and it worked hahaha
But basically, if you bypass the tonematch block you'll ed up with the closest tone I could get out of my JP6 and, of course, Clark's cab pack..
So if you guys don't like tonematching, just bypass the block.. the tone will still be really REALLY nice =)
And actually, the Marco Sfogli's Reaction tone doesn't have a tonematch block ;)

Yes there's a tonematch block in the presets =)
BUT the thing is that I got as close as possible WITHOUT tonematching, and then I did the tonematch just to get REALLY close..
Sounds good.
I would like to try presets that are made for JPMM and compare the tone with other guitars.
Here is my quick test with PRS SE7 + Clark Kent preset + Cab Pack7 + Tone Match. Pretty good for different guitar and pups?

photo_movieMatrix-quoteSpoon.jpeg

there is no preset

Here we go!
Marco Sfogli's The Reaction lead tone from the Live Studio version.

(I've also updated the first post)

WOW! Not only is the tone sick, but you nailed the playing. Incredible! Really, VERY impressive. I can't say enough good things.

An idea about sharing/selling presets... If you make your work available, you always could set up a Paypal donation link to help you out? I'd happily donate. I think people would be more willing to donate to help out your efforts than they would be to pay for presets. Just an idea.

WOW! Not only is the tone sick, but you nailed the playing. Incredible! Really, VERY impressive. I can't say enough good things.

An idea about sharing/selling presets... If you make your work available, you always could set up a Paypal donation link to help you out? I'd happily donate. I think people would be more willing to donate to help out your efforts than they would be to pay for presets. Just an idea.

Thanks for the kind words!! =)
Well.. it would really help me! I'm going to a Xmas travel, this could help me pay some hours at a studio to continue to develop the tones..
But I don't know if people would agree with it.. if so, what would be a fair price for it? 5$ for a preset? 10$ for a pack? Or maybe just let it open for any donations?
This would REALLY help (as I'd be so happy to take the guitar and Axe with me) to pay some studio with nice monitors..
I could even help the guys who donate to configure the presets on their setup via skype or something =)

Thanks for the kind words!! =)
Well.. it would really help me! I'm going to a Xmas travel, this could help me pay some hours at a studio to continue to develop the tones..
But I don't know if people would agree with it.. if so, what would be a fair price for it? 5$ for a preset? 10$ for a pack? Or maybe just let it open for any donations?
This would REALLY help (as I'd be so happy to take the guitar and Axe with me) to pay some studio with nice monitors..
I could even help the guys who donate to configure the presets on their setup via skype or something =)

It's your work/your presets. You can do with them as you wish. Just saying I would be willing to donate. :)

Back
Top Bottom