Tonebender (Cliff hit one out of the park with this one!)

Matt_B said:
matt15f said:
Outstanding recording. Was that recorded direct or mic'ed?
Because we're dealing with an Axe-FX here, I'm going to bet it's the former and not the later. ;)
Lately I'm not convinced, all my direct recording attempts come out very digital and flat. Not near what the live mix sounded like. I am thinking about getting a mic.

Thanks a bunch. I've uploaded the preset to Axechange. It's called "Tonebender" and it's No. 745, if I understand this Axechange/Editor business.

MrMunky said:
Thanks a bunch. I've uploaded the preset to Axechange. It's called "Tonebender" and it's No. 745, if I understand this Axechange/Editor business.

Any chance you could attach the file to this thread?

Great tone and love the recording.

3 Chord Rock said:
MrMunky said:

Any chance you could attach the file to this thread?

Great tone and love the recording.

Thanks a bunch, and sure. I don't have the file handy now, but I'll try and get it up here soon.

You probably missed this on the previous page, but what DI interface did you use for your recording? It sounds great, and I'm not happy with my current device.

Morogan said:
You probably missed this on the previous page, but what DI interface did you use for your recording? It sounds great, and I'm not happy with my current device.

It's the S/PDIF Input on an E-Mu 0404.

If I understand the technology correctly, a properly working interface doesn't affect the tone with an s/pdif connection.

In any event, I monitor the Axe's outputs through the same mixer that I use to monitor the output from that 0404 interface. And I'd be surprised if I could tell the difference in a blind test.

Much appreciated. I've been wanting to go the S/PDIF route anyways, so I'm just looking for an excuse to spend money. ;)

Back
Top Bottom