Tone Trick or Treating!

Your trick with the Ducker in Delay and Reverb, to adjust the attenuation, threshold and release time, is a real eye opener for me, to clean up my sound,
thanks Leon

I didn't know the two comp in serial trick, does it have a name?
I just refer to it as "stacking compressors". It's a great way to compress harder with less of the negative effects of pushing a single comp too hard.

Similar concept can be used with multiple delays in series ("Stacked Delays") to create your own reverbs.

I just refer to it as "stacking compressors". It's a great way to compress harder with less of the negative effects of pushing a single comp too hard.

Similar concept can be used with multiple delays in series ("Stacked Delays") to create your own reverbs.
Cascading compressors has been used in studios for decades. An 1176 into an LA-2A is a popular combo. The FMR Audio put this into a single package with their RNC (Really Nice Compressor) compressor which has two compressors in series. The "SuperNice" switch engaged a third stage.

Cascading compressors has been used in studios for decades. An 1176 into an LA-2A is a popular combo. The FMR Audio put this into a single package with their RNC (Really Nice Compressor) compressor which has two compressors in series. The "SuperNice" switch engaged a third stage.
I have had one for years. It is a great unit.

Any chance of a "Really Marseille Compressor" model in the AxeFX3?

Always an education Leon, I have no idea how much time you must put into productive noodling! Like most I disappear down the rabbit hole of whatever I have just selected in a preset or block and get lost in that. Some amazingly cool tricks and treats in the video. Very much appreciated, it generally takes me about 4 times as long as the video to try everything in it, but it is always worth it.

Back in days of analogue stomp boxes, I always favoured the orange squeezer or an MXR Dyna Comp. Somehow less knobs seemed better. I'm an old(ish) dog, but figuring out some new tricks.

Delays and reverbs have spun my head. Only thing I can share in addition is that the rotary is amazing, but attach a foot controller to it from about 1.5 Hz to (I think) 6.5 Hz, or wherever your speed was. It is even better for me with some variation of the speed of rotation.

Thanks!

Liam

The "Stacked 1176" idea is excellent.
I'm getting a major volume drop though. I assume that's normal with all that compression?
I had to boost the scene 9dB, it was actually hard to hear through headphones.

Would love to see some more videos on tried and true studio tricks like that. Particularly with Comp and/or EQ at the end of the chain.

Back
Top Bottom