Tone Matching Request - Steve Stevens Plexi (video attached)

Thanks for posting the patch. What are the reverb settings that make this one unique?

Well, while you're playing the reverb is very discreet. The tone doesn't sound too wet but you will notice that something is going on verb-wise. And when you finally quit playing there comes this huge verb. It's like doing a guitar soundcheck in a large venue, i like that ;)

Well, while you're playing the reverb is very discreet. The tone doesn't sound too wet but you will notice that something is going on verb-wise. And when you finally quit playing there comes this huge verb. It's like doing a guitar soundcheck in a large venue, i like that ;)

Were there certain parameters you used to achieve that?

Were there certain parameters you used to achieve that?

Well the effects typ is obviously "small cathedral". I prefer to place reverb effects in parallel, so i set the mix to 100% and then set the level to my needs.
The certain parameters i fooled around with are in the advanced tab. Tweak the parameters early level and reverb level and try to find a nice ratio between them.

Read and watched first post just cuz it was Steve Stevens jamming of course, like a moth to a flame....and then BAM. Steve magically apears and answers the post with a II, EPIC!! :p Made my weekend! Thanks dude!!!

ditto! Its great to hear from you on these forums Steve!

Hey Guys,
Attached is the preset used in the Roland VG demo. Files contain the IR cab as well as the tone match profile. I have found i prefer using a cab with tone matching...and then dial back the amount of tone match. You will probably find this preset much brighter then most AxeFx presets, but if you listen to 90% of actual isolated album guitar tracks, they are usually bright enough to cut through a mix. If it's too bright for your tastes....just level out the freqs in the EQ block.
Enjoy,
SteveView attachment STEVENS .syxView attachment SS.syxView attachment BasketweaveG12M25s-U87-Cap-2in.syx

Wow, thanks a billion Steve!! Amazing that you take time to help a fellow guitarplayer like myself who's not in the neighborhood of your skill, to actually try out your own designed patch!
I bow my head in gratitude... 8)

One of the best forum posts ever for sure!!! Immensely grateful. Interesting stuff in there as, a lot of diming going on the knobs. Most interesting part for me was the reverb for sure. 100ms pre-delay certainly gets that crap out of the way before it starts screwing your tone up!

It's always going to tickle me from now on the certain guys in the tone match area who are holier than thou and will not share their patches :p

Damn... Steve, you're awesome! Thank you! Always loved your dimed plexi tones!

It's such an honor to download a patch made by one of the greatest tone-meisters in the guitar biz... again, thanks!

Hey Guys,
Attached is the preset used in the Roland VG demo. Files contain the IR cab as well as the tone match profile. I have found i prefer using a cab with tone matching...and then dial back the amount of tone match. You will probably find this preset much brighter then most AxeFx presets, but if you listen to 90% of actual isolated album guitar tracks,
they are usually bright enough to cut through a mix. If it's too bright for your tastes....just level out the freqs in the EQ block.
Enjoy,
SteveView attachment 11703View attachment 11704View attachment 11705

Thanks for sharing, Steve. First HRI now here. Welcome to the club. Great to have you here too. Especially since you have the magic box . I definitely want catch you guys next time you've in Portland.

Thank you Steve!!! It is such a thrill to have you as part of the community. Been listening to your stuff non stop too. Atomic Playboys is this weekend's chosen selection.

Hey Guys,
Attached is the preset used in the Roland VG demo. Files contain the IR cab as well as the tone match profile. I have found i prefer using a cab with tone matching...and then dial back the amount of tone match. You will probably find this preset much brighter then most AxeFx presets, but if you listen to 90% of actual isolated album guitar tracks, they are usually bright enough to cut through a mix. If it's too bright for your tastes....just level out the freqs in the EQ block.
Enjoy,
SteveView attachment 11703View attachment 11704View attachment 11705

GREAT preset! Thanks a ton! PS I played the Top Gun theme at my high school graduation (backed up by the school orchestra) 14 years ago :) Inspired by your playing since then!

I have found i prefer using a cab with tone matching...and then dial back the amount of tone match.

I`m just a bit confused ... Without regard to the cool sound in the VG demo: We`re talking about a tonematch of your old 68` Plexi? Tonematch from the mic`ed Cab of the Amp? Only the power amp? no? Tonematch with Test-tone from synth block or by guitar playin`as test-tone? And last but not least: When dialing back some amount of the tonematch, we have to accept, that we are moving a bit away of an accurate match of the real thing (whatever it was...), right? when we have to change the used cab ir (because of copyright`s RW ....) we moving more...

Please understand me correct: I won`t criticize in a negative way - far away from that, it`s awesome, that you`ve post and communate about the patch Steven!!!! But perhaps we can give you an impression doing "profiling" one step closer? Or easier? I wonder just about your "dial back the amount" comment ... hmmmm... I tried to wrote a tutorial incl. a Amp-Match-Template .... it works with a sine-sweep from the synth block for matching and some cool routing features for A/Bing .... just ... ehhh .... sayin`.... probobly you want to check this out:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m2hqo6g1j423kcr/AMP-MATCH-TEMPLATE_v1.0.syx

The tutorial (a bit older, than the updated template) and further informations incl. a A/B sample, what test-tone (sine-sweep) can do .... you`ll found in this thread:
http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-f...reset-template-tested-valid-3.html#post674658

Thank you very much Steve :) Can't wait to try it and see how you tweaked it.
Such a great contribution to the entire community.

btw, i'm really looking forward to the Idol concert in Austria, just got my tickets ;)

Steve,

Thanks so much for sharing that preset.....its awesome to experience how you dial something in. Seriously, way cool of you.

-P

Back
Top Bottom