Tone matching live feature?

Dimebucker

Experienced
Hey

I will tomorrow tone matching original Mesa Boogie Mark IV lead channel ,and I was read that there is some live tone matching feature? I have few questions ,where I can find that tone matching live feature and offline feature? And how I must hooked up that original Mesa amps to axe ,because I only need to tone match that amp without cabinet. I think that slave out is better than recording out ,but I need to know must I put guitar to Mesa input and Mesa slave out to Axe FX II input?

Hey

Thanks yeah I was read that ,still need little bit help. Where is that Offline and Live feature ,I did not find that feature? And is this right order ,for signal chain? And do I need that Amp matching template preset ,what is that exactly?

Guitar ----->Axe FX II input
Axe FX II Output left ----->Mesa Boogie Mark IV input
Mesa Boogie Mark IV output -----> to Mesa 412 Cabinet

PS:And how I can get that reference amp set to that Mark IV? Because im not using usb tone matching ,if I need to get that Axe Output to reference amp.

Hey

Ok thanks ,how about signal chain in Original Mesa IV to Axe FX II? And what I mean that is ,how I connect those two unit? Guitar to where Mesa or Axes input ,and how all cables must set?

Guitar to?
Axe input to?
Axe Output to?
etc.....

The live and offline feature is on the second page of the TMA block

You don't need a guitar, you're sending a sine wave from the axe, into the amp effects return, capturing the signal through the mic then back into the return input of the axe.

EDIT: Sorry just re-read your post, you're matching the amp, not the cab. Yeah you do need a guitar. Follow the Wiki instructions, it's all there mate.

Hey

Im not capturing cabinet ,I will only tone matching that amp preamp and poweramp not a cab. I think I need guitar for that?

You don't need a guitar, you're sending a sine wave from the axe, into the amp effects return, capturing the signal through the mic then back into the return input of the axe.

Hey

And my goal will be like this dude have done ,link for that thread is below. I need to know how that dude was ,put axe and mesa connections to tone matching those channels. And what is that Sine Wave Synth ,and how I can crate that is that some block and what settings I must use there?

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/axe-fx-ii-tone-match/52546-mark-v-amp-match-all-channels-modes.html

Hey

Im not capturing cabinet ,I will only tone matching that amp preamp and poweramp not a cab. I think I need guitar for that?

Checkout the sticky threads in the Tone Match sub forum.

A little dated but Cliff's video is there along with some doc's and a template.

Hey

Yeah I think I found that ,is that tma_tutorial.mp4 video right video? Because there is some amp tone matching session ,but would be nice to know is that video cabinet tone matching going on too? And what connections I must chance ,because I will not tone match cabinet. I will only tone matching preamp and poweramp modes. If you can please write me that connection ,how I connect axe to that mesa mark iv correct way? I found two or three ways to do that ,and would be nice to know correct way.

Seriously???

It's right at the top of the Tone Match forum section.
Also, it's mentioned in the wiki page I sent you, as "video".

Hey

I know that amp is there ,but that axes 5-band eq is extreme hard to adjust compare to original mesas 5-band eq. Those axes sliders have way too much space ,and that why its hard to adjust right. I have owned early days many boogie amps ,and it will take me 30sec to adjust that original 5-band correct. I know axes 5-band eq I can get same settings like a original mesa 5-band ,but it will take lots of time. That is reason to me ,tone matching that mark iv lead channel.

You don't need to Tone Match the Mark IV. The amp models are already in there.

Hey

Cliff can you tell me correct connection diagram ,for that amp tone matching? How I need to connect axe to that reference amp ,and I don't tone match cabinet. I only tone match that mark iv ,preamp and poweramp sections. And I use slave out for that mark iv ,to get those both preamp and poweramp together.

You don't need to Tone Match the Mark IV. The amp models are already in there.

Hey

Thanks yeah ,I now know how that tone matching must done.

EDIT: Sorry just re-read your post, you're matching the amp, not the cab. Yeah you do need a guitar. Follow the Wiki instructions, it's all there mate.

Back
Top Bottom