Tone Matching FFR? - Possibly a Dumb Question

bstoner

Inspired
I was wondering if it would be possible to do tone matches of other FFR speakers.

For example I have QSC K12 and would like to know if it would be possible to Tone match a CLR or something with more of a flat response.

Seems like if possible that could be a great way to get people who don't have a great FFR setup a bit closer to a flat response standard. And let people hear IRs and they are intended to be heard.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Just a thought.

Thanks

b

What you are looking for is a corrective eq for your particular monitor. This has been talked about before with most either giving up or buying a different FRFR solution.

I was wondering if it would be possible to do tone matches of other FFR speakers.

For example I have QSC K12 and would like to know if it would be possible to Tone match a CLR or something with more of a flat response.

Seems like if possible that could be a great way to get people who don't have a great FFR setup a bit closer to a flat response standard. And let people hear IRs and they are intended to be heard.

Sorry if this is a dumb question. Just a thought.

Thanks

b

Not a dumb question.

Don't know about the tone match thing, but...

I shot my Matrix CFR-12's with the Smaart analysis tool in my PreSonus mixer and it made quite a difference.
See image after PEQ correction.
Easy enough to put the settings into a PEQ block in the Axe and then switch them on and off to decide if you like flat.

View attachment 21899

Last edited:
So how would i go about trying those setting on my qsc k12's?

Perhaps if anyone corrective eq setting for k12's and for that matter other speakers they may have the corrective eq setting for, they could post?

Seems like this really could be helpful to a lot of us.

Thank you

b

Back
Top Bottom