Tone Matching: A Step-by-Step Video Tutorial

I ran all my matches with the TM block off just in case. Not sure it mattered. 1.5 hours into it and still can't get it to work. Levels are good in all cases. Thin and tinny each time. Why me?

Misery loves company! Done for tonight. Hope there are other suggestions tomorrow. Thx in advance.

I did one today following ccroyalsender's and dojo's videos for the aqualung solo using a .moog file as the reference through USB. I also followed Cliff's comment to use Left only. I did it with 4 different simple presets (Drive-Amp-TMatch-Reverb) just to goof around and the results were very different. The soldano 99 lead was by far the closest. On the others to see how it behaved I used odd ones that were not close to the reference (59. bassguy, delexue verb, and uro blue). They sound well... not so close :) as I expected. Very fun to goof around with though. Somebody is going to accidently wander on to some unheard of great tone with this tool by experimenting.

Thanks very much! Your vid answered all my remaining questions after reading the tone match guide.

+1 plastic

Great video!

Yes, guys be very careful with this. No knock on the OP at all, but there are a few problems with that tone (which have been realised i see :D). You should match in mono ideally or very strange results will occur. Those with a background in doing this using other tools will already be well aware of that.

I am very interested to see if this has the accuracy of izotope ozone.

Ok, followed every detail to the T then hitting fx bypass to activate it it sounds very processed and thin. What am I missing???? i am using a mac and have selected the AxeII as the out put source which is giving me a good signal it's just coming out weird sounding.

I ran all my matches with the TM block off just in case. Not sure it mattered. 1.5 hours into it and still can't get it to work. Levels are good in all cases. Thin and tinny each time. Why me?

I've been experimenting with tone matching for the past couple hours and I'm having the same exact problem. I'm following the procedure precisely, the sound levels for both ref and local are good, but all tone match results are hollow and thin - they sound just like an IR taken from the back of a cab.

Great job, Cooper! I was actually able to do it before I watched your video, just by reading the instructions--a testimony to how simple and easy this process really is.

Back
Top Bottom