Tone Matching a James Tyler JTV-59 Acoustic Sounds.

muudrock

Experienced
So I've been experimenting with the TM feature and thought why not try the JTV59's acoustic sounds. While I use a JTV live in a couple projects, my main guitar is a Gibson LP Axcess Floyd Rose with graphtech piezo saddles and I while it sounds ok, it was, well, just ok. I wanted to be able to use the LP and make it's acoustic sounds better via the Axe Fx since that is my main gigging rig. Basically, just recorded the JTV's acoustic sounds, fed them into the Axe and TM'd them. Did a few different settings on the JTV and also tone matched the acoustic sound from the intro section from Tesla's "Love Song" for a brighter acoustic sound. In the Axe, I use the mixer block to mix different tones together tied to a Exp Pedal for controlling the mix. I disabled that in the patch I'm posting since not everyone will have their Exp pedals set up the same in the Axe but playing with the mix, you can really tweak the sound.

I posted a short (and very crappy) demo of the different sounds. http://snd.sc/KG5Oa3 Playing sucks, been up way too long, but you get the idea.

I'm curious if this patch translates to other Piezo equipped guitars so if you try it, post back with your results. Please note, you will have to down load the IR's to with the patch since it uses multiple Tone Matches and you can only have one TM block.

View attachment 11654
View attachment 11652
View attachment 11651
View attachment 11653

Great job on the acoustic preset. With the mixer you can dial in just the right tone and timbre. I love it. Thanks for posting.

Dears,

I am just trying to get familiar with the AXE FX 2.
I have downloaded the above mentioned acoustic presets
but thay aren´t working. I have them in my files on the computer but when I open this folder via AXE Edit then these presets
aren´t even listed anymore. Consequently I cannot open them. Is there any clue? I have not very much experience with
all this technical stuff but I have already managed a couple of presets from this forum to get working(had no problem...). Thanks for help:)

Back
Top Bottom