Tone Matches for Standand/Ultra

Hi,

I have tried putting these on my Ultra and although they show up on the display on the Axe, I get no sound, other then the wind one - that worked.

I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong and it's driving me nuts!!!

Thanks for any help!
you should load the corresponding IR's as well

Thanks, but too noob to know what that means or how to do it!!! Yikes!
Ok open axe edit
Go to axe-manage its at the top left
Drag and drop the IR syx from the zip file into the cabs section
Right click on the IR, then send it to any user cab slot
Close axe-manage
Finally in the main axe edit screen click on the cab ,go to user cabs and you should be able to choose your cab

Last edited:
Hopefully getting my FRFR speaker in the next few days so looking forward to giving this a try.

Has anyone here made any video or audio samples of the patches?

Sup? :)

First off, thanks to songtan13 ,,,for getting this thread rolling and kicking out some cool matches.

I posted some time ago looking for a match, then watched Clark Kents' video tutorial and learned what's up and been cooking a few matches myself and they are working great for me, and like what has been said you have to do it with your guitar to get the best match for you,,,and that being said

A great Big thanks to Clark Kent for Teaching a guy to fish so to speak ;) cause it's some cool shit to hit a great sounding tone you made yourself,,,It will make you smile I promise:mrgreen

It's cool to get other peoples matches too, and jam on them cause sometimes you'll get some that sound really good with your own rig
( even if they don't sound just like the creators clip or whatever) so you gotta learn to do it yourself,, it's not hard if you follow the tutorial,,then save it as a template so you can whip them up real quick. Then by all means..post 'em up to share,, so other people can dig on them, cause if more people are cooking, and less people asking,,we ALL would have more Match Patches to work from and enjoy.

Here a clip for one I did last night for Accept's " The Abyss".

one side is me one side is the Orig. MP3. I bet the matches would come out better with some non comressed Wav files instead of Mp3'..but..work with what you got right?..:D

Just for reference..I used my mirror top Jackson Warrior with a BKP Ceramic Warpig P'up. And this patch is set with all the amps tone controls at noon and all the advanced stuff is stock, so YMMV and have to tweak the tone controls a little if your P'up is not similar to the Warpig.

here is how the Eq looked when I compared it. the yellow is the orig. and the red is my patch,,,close enough for Gov'ment work I believe:lol

76498ac5-24b0-4bcc-933c-0bd867f6f5aa_zpsb80c0e65.jpg

In the patch I have 2 cab blocks, in the 1st, the IR is loaded into slot 3 but you can load it to whatever slot you want and change it. you can just delete the 2nd cab,, I had it on there to compare two IR's and just saved the patch as-is when I was working it. there is a Para-EQ that is turned off at the end of the line also. it was just left over from the parent prog that I copied this one from to use to make tone matches. it is also not used in the patch..you can delete it or whatever you want.

View attachment Abyss patch.syx

View attachment Accept Abyss 5150 3x mixed IR test_axe.syx

Hope you enjoy..let me know how it works for ya..now everyone go cook some up and post 'em up8)

MOSHON
DAVE

Last edited:
I love the idea of this post and I've downloaded the files, loaded them into my edit, set up the correct IRs, put them into the patch as designed, but, they seem very lifeless and thin to me. Anybody have any idea what could be going wrong? Could it be that I haven't updated from 10.01 in my ULTRA? I am using a Musicman Axis > Axe ULTRA > ART SLA2 > Stereo EV ELX 112s (passive 12"). I hate to let go of the potential of these tone matches, but, I can't figure out what I'm doing wrong. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Are you loading the TM preset first and then loading the IR into User Cab 10? If you do it in the opposite order, my experience is that it doesn't work or is not the correct tone you desire.

HTH,
Jeff

SliderJeff, I tried it both ways and no real difference. They are all a little hissy, high end is too prominent. I just got done loading a bunch that I found in my download folder from end of last year....I don't even know where they came from at this point...obviously from this forum, but, don't know where exactly....but, they worked great....really great tones when I loaded those. They were all OD and high gain patches, which I love, but, I wanted to really explore the ones from this thread...

JD

Sup?

Well, my Accept patch and IR were done on FW11. so are the patches I put up in the rec. section for
(Anthem for a broken world) http://forum.fractalaudio.com/ultra-std-recordings/62046-anthem-broken-world.html,

and
(Old School)http://forum.fractalaudio.com/ultra-std-recordings/54528-little-old-school-metal-action.html

I don't think they are hissy,,,try them too,, and if they are( or even if not) you should really update to FW11 for sure.

BTW,, if you grabbed my Accept patch Did you grab the IR and load it to slot 3
( or changed it in the patch)also?

I ask because I see 20 people grabbed the patch and only 11 grabbed the IR....and I'm sure it sounds like all kinds of Hissy ass..without the IR attached to it;)

MOSHON
DAVE

Last edited:
Dave, I just tried your Accept patch and the same thing happened....very fizzy and lacks balls...sound nothing like your soundcloud clip. I guess in order to get songtan13's patches to work, I'd have to update my firmware? That scares the hell out of me to be honest with you.....I have alot of work put into what I have currently and I don't want to jeopardize the tones I already love in this little box...scary.

Im trying to check out the tonematch list with no luck? error 404? If someone can point me in the right direction, thank you.

Awesome work! But I also have the problem that hungwon described.
Tried a few of the DT patches, and Hammerfall as well - but all of them was very fizzy, like there wasn't any cab on it.
I did it correct, loaded the patch first, added the IR to Slot 10 - noticed the changed sound when it got uploaded to 100%. got into edit patch, and verified that the cab has taken the 10th slot.

Funny thing though - Changed the IR to one of my redwires IR's and the sound changed dramatically. almost a good sound when I did it.
The sound of the patches was nowhere near the smoothness you showed with your accept patch.
Did you hake them all on FW11? havn't tried that accept patch yet.

Do anyone have an idea on what's wrong?

I have my axe ultra setup on a FRFR monitor, and using a Music man steve morse guitar on the front input.

Hi there! I'm excited to try these out but I can't get to the dropbox link. It says error 404. Am I missing something here?

Hey keremozan, the link seems to have gone dead in the last few days. In case the OP doesn't change the link, just send me a pm with your email and I'll send you the patches since I have them all saved on my computer.

Back
Top Bottom