Tone Matches for Standand/Ultra

Dear Songtan 12,
Niiiiiice!!!! Thanks so much. I threw an TS808 in the drive slot for more lead gain. I still haven't taken the time to learnhow get the irs in place but the TMs sound great with the cabs I'm using. Thanks again!
Cheers,
Joel

Wow,
that was fast!
Thank you very very much! I hope I get the chance to try it out tomorrow. I will tell you how it worked out.

Thanks,
Florian

Dear Songtan 12,
Niiiiiice!!!! Thanks so much. I threw an TS808 in the drive slot for more lead gain. I still haven't taken the time to learnhow get the irs in place but the TMs sound great with the cabs I'm using. Thanks again!
Cheers,
Joel

You're welcome guys.

Had a bandprac yesterday. And I loved the tone from a few patches based on Songtan13. The thing is that now I have to make 2 different patches for my 6 and 7 stringer. Both Ibbys both with BK Nailbombs but now clearly sounding differently apart from the low end. Before this was less eminent. For me this means that this Tone matching really brings you closer to your goal.

So, I am NOT selling my Ultra. With the work from Songtan13 and some easy tweaking I am in high gain heaven.

So again Songtan13, Thanks! Maybe you should start a website with many different TM blocks of the same amp or artist.

I have already made a Summer of 69 TM. The link is on page one, but I'll put it here as well. I also took a stab at the Poison song. I could not find enough of an isolated Marco Sfogli guitar track to TM, sorry.
Let me know how the others work out for you.

Jajaja amazing men, really appreciate your work and dedication, thanks so much.

Hey,
I just wanted to give a short feedback on the Sunn Model T patch.
First of all: Thank you soo much, again!
The patch sounds great! I haven't compared the sounds on the same speakers, so this may be totally wrong, but I think there's a bit too much bass and gain, both of which are easy to dial out.

I will compare this tomorrow.
Now I would just need a better pitch shifter to "tune down" my guitar. The Axe pitch shifter adds a bit of mudd :(

So, what should I say? You nailed the tone I asked for. It is 98% there. I think the rest is dependent on the guitar, pickup, etc. used, so I would have to do that myself.
But I take back the statement from yesterday, regarding the bass. It's pretty accurate.

Thanks again! I will definitely try out some other patches you did. And please keep them coming!

Azael, I will definitely give the Sfogli tones a shot. Thanks for the links.

So, what should I say? You nailed the tone I asked for. It is 98% there. I think the rest is dependent on the guitar, pickup, etc. used, so I would have to do that myself.
But I take back the statement from yesterday, regarding the bass. It's pretty accurate.

Thanks again! I will definitely try out some other patches you did. And please keep them coming!

nangillala, thank you for the feedback. I plan on continuing the process this weekend. For reference, I will be using a guitar with mahogany back, maple top, with a Seymour Duncan JB/59 combo in it.

I see you matched a Diezel and Soldano there... Now I just have to try them. What source sound do you use for those matches? Youtube videos?

Sounds good and appreciate all the hard work. Curious if I'm the only one that receives output clipping on some of the highgain modes? Are the cabs supposed to be level'd in the +s? Sounds great with some tweaking as expected!

Songtan,
is there any chance you post some of the youtube stuff you use as a reference? It's always a hassle for me to bring my laptop home, connect it to the axe, etc. So it would be cool to know before what kind of sounds I can expect.

I'm super interested in this as my current setup is Axe FX Std>Matrix GT800FX>Mesa 2x12 recto cab w/ v30's.

Its not working with my set up which is direct to the mixing board the sound is too fizzzy thin and the distortion is too much. Any suggestions?

Its not working with my set up which is direct to the mixing board the sound is too fizzzy thin and the distortion is too much. Any suggestions?
So you are not using a poweramp and cabs? (I'm just not sure because you quoted Drtydeeds)
Maybe you forgot the custom IR or chose the false user slot?

Back
Top Bottom