Tone Matches for Standand/Ultra

Songtan13,

I thought with more of 3 years playing with my Ultra I was an expert in dialing in tones. But what you have made is pushing the Gen 1 units to another level. These are by far the best high gain patches I ever downloaded. I want to say many thanks for not only doing this work but also sharing these patches and amp matches here with us. I hope in the future you will do this again.

If only FAS would bring out a FW 11.01 for the Gen 1 units to extend the amount of personal IRs from 10 to 40 or 50. Then there is no reason to buy a KPA.

Much apprciated!

What do think is the best set up for these patches, what amp and speakers? I'm still confuse how to load these patches just import them thru axe edit?
Songtan13,

I thought with more of 3 years playing with my Ultra I was an expert in dialing in tones. But what you have made is pushing the Gen 1 units to another level. These are by far the best high gain patches I ever downloaded. I want to say many thanks for not only doing this work but also sharing these patches and amp matches here with us. I hope in the future you will do this again.

If only FAS would bring out a FW 11.01 for the Gen 1 units to extend the amount of personal IRs from 10 to 40 or 50. Then there is no reason to buy a KPA.

Much apprciated!

I loaded the patches with midi-ox, pretty easy. I didn't have the same luck with the irs, help, someone:)
I liked the evil robot, fender with jetter, vox (!!!) This breathes new life into the Ultra for me although I'll spring for the 2 when my house sells.
I've loved my standard and Ultra but if the 2 is more user friendly then it's for me.

Songtan13, Thanks so much for the work you've done getting these patches created and shared!!!!!!!!
Cheers,
Joel

What do think is the best set up for these patches, what amp and speakers? I'm still confuse how to load these patches just import them thru axe edit?

Using cab blocks and TM blocks means FRFR poweramp and speakers. Have just minor problems using Axe-Edit 1.0.299 with the Ultra.
BTW to my taste I reduce the gain control on almost al patches.

Using cab blocks and TM blocks means FRFR poweramp and speakers. Have just minor problems using Axe-Edit 1.0.299 with the Ultra.
BTW to my taste I reduce the gain control on almost al patches.

You are correct eadgbe, these patches were made for using FRFR monitors. I use low output humbuckers, so the gain might be need to be adjusted to taste
and to compensate for higher output pickups. I still using Axe-Edit 1.0.188; it has been alot more stable than later versions with the Ultra.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I definitely have been and will continue to work on more in the future.

Thanks to everyone for the comments. I definitely have been and will continue to work on more in the future.

Will you be doing non-high gain amps eventually? Maybe some cleans and some crunches? That would be phenomenal (almost like getting a new firmware update!)

dude, this bundle is a great resource. thanks for posting!
i really dig the splawn marshall for a driven heavy crunchy monster
and of course the framus, the fireball, and 5150 III are pretty ballsy.

keep it up!!!

dude, this bundle is a great resource. thanks for posting!
i really dig the splawn marshall for a driven heavy crunchy monster
and of course the framus, the fireball, and 5150 III are pretty ballsy.

keep it up!!!

Thanks for the comments. I will add some more in a few hours. I am continuing with the clean and crunchy with sprinkles of high gain.

Wow love your work any chance to TM Marco Sfogli tone, Poison intro in Until you suffer some, Brian adams intro summer of 69 thanks a lot.

Wow love your work any chance to TM Marco Sfogli tone, Poison intro in Until you suffer some, Brian adams intro summer of 69 thanks a lot.

I have already made a Summer of 69 TM. The link is on page one, but I'll put it here as well. I also took a stab at the Poison song. I could not find enough of an isolated Marco Sfogli guitar track to TM, sorry.
Let me know how the others work out for you.

Attachments

• SUMMER OF 69 TM.syx
    2 KB · Views: 110
  • SUMMER OF 69 IR.syx
    8 KB · Views: 78
  • POISON SUFFER IR.syx
    8 KB · Views: 75
  • POISON SUFFER TM.syx
    2 KB · Views: 85

Attachments

• Sunn Model T TM.syx
    2 KB · Views: 151
  • Sunn Model T IR.syx
    8 KB · Views: 107
Last edited:
Wow,
that was fast!
Thank you very very much! I hope I get the chance to try it out tomorrow. I will tell you how it worked out.

Thanks,
Florian

Back
Top Bottom