Tone Matched my Taylor 914ce

i tried it with my faith acoustic. it was pretty good, but the faith piezo isn't great and it couldn't quite remove some of the piezo plasticy-ness from the lower strings. i do regularly use a tonematch with my electric piezos however, which i made myself from a recording. those guys that have been wondering whether this particular tonematch would work with their electrics - i would say probably not (although it does seem to have worked for a couple of people) - but if you do your own tonematch to the recording in the first post...you will get something that sounds really great. i will at some point try micing up my faith and doing my own tonematch though. remember that a tonematch is just that...it's matching the tone from your own guitar or amp to another one. if you substitute someone else's guitar for your own, then the results won't be quite spot on.

Axe Fx II Mk II here..........the two appendixes in the first post - how can I inserst them? .blk - what kind of format?

Ok, have tried it with my Yamaha CX 15. Sounds pretty nice, but only with a tubepreamp in front of the tonematchblock.

Here you go. It's the 914ce Studio tone match, exported to a cab. I've been using it in my AX8 for a week.
Much appreciate the work you've done. I hate to be such a thick headed total NOOOB here, but I am having zero luck getting this in to a blank preset on my AX8. I keep getting a message saying it is incompatible with the connected device. I'm sure its my own ignorance, but the tutorial from Chris doesn't seem to make it work. I'm all updated with the latest firmware and such. I've got both the .blk file and the .syx file that I've tried dragging in to a blank preset. Can someone help me unstick my head from my body please?

Much appreciate the work you've done. I hate to be such a thick headed total NOOOB here, but I am having zero luck getting this in to a blank preset on my AX8. I keep getting a message saying it is incompatible with the connected device. I'm sure its my own ignorance, but the tutorial from Chris doesn't seem to make it work. I'm all updated with the latest firmware and such. I've got both the .blk file and the .syx file that I've tried dragging in to a blank preset. Can someone help me unstick my head from my body please?

Wow! Disregard...I finally saw what I was doing wrong.

This is just one of the 3000 reasons I got the Axe Fx II XL+. I downloaded the preset and installed it last night. Playing a Taylor 314, which I was never happy with how it sounded running through a PA. Unplugged, I love the guitar. But, plug it in and it always sounded horrible to me. This preset made a huge difference but I have a question that maybe one of you can help me with. With the strings muted, it is dead quiet. As soon as I strum or pluck a string, I get what I can only describe as a sizzle sound. Almost like a vinyl record. Mute the strings and it goes away. I should also say that I am running out of the AXE FX directly into a mixer then out to studio monitors.

I am an absolute beginner with this so any simple suggestions would be welcomed.

Sounds like you have a noise gate running. Turn off the noise gate, and i'll bet the sizzle is constant.

Tried both (Nashville and Studio) with a Gretsch 12-string electric - wow. I know this is an acoustic tone match, but it worked incredibly well with my 12.

Is there aaany chance that we could have them as cab file format for to be able to use it in Ax-8? :))

Tired it with my Carvin AE185 piezo. Hands down the best TMA of acoustic I have found anywhere! Thank you very much!!!!

Back
Top Bottom