Tone Matched Acoustic --> Electric: Peterson Style (Preset/IR Included)

I think I know why I am not getting any output sound. I don't know what "All you need is the one IR in a User Slot and your cab block pointing at it." means! I simply put the IR into a user slot in the cab block.

I have never used an IR so this might seem too obvious to you guys but I would love to know what I am missing here - which cab block? pointing at what exactly? and what does 'pointing' mean? thanks!

The CAB block has a list where you pick what IR you want to use. The IR's have a number in reference to a "slot" where the IR is located in the Fractal.

The IR's can either be part of the firmware or "User" IR's. These user IR's can be loaded into the Fractal by the end user.

Presets that use "user" IR's require more work to download and use.

You have to load the require IR's into user slot(s), then edit the CAB block(s) and select the IR's you loaded from the pick list in the CAB block. In the case of this thread, you may or may not load Scott's IR into the same slot number because for example, you are already using that user slot for something else.

The CAB block has a list where you pick what IR you want to use. The IR's have a number in reference to a "slot" where the IR is located in the Fractal.

The IR's can either be part of the firmware or "User" IR's. These user IR's can be loaded into the Fractal by the end user.

Presets that use "user" IR's require more work to download and use.

You have to load the require IR's into user slot(s), then edit the CAB block(s) and select the IR's you loaded from the pick list in the CAB block. In the case of this thread, you may or may not load Scott's IR into the same slot number because for example, you are already using that user slot for something else.

thanks barhrecords, I think I did that. I uploaded the IR that Scott had on the first post and loaded it onto the utility page then selected it to be saved in 'user' slot #1. I opened up the cab block in the preset chain that he made, pressed edit and selected user slot # 1 that had the 'acoustic prs' IR.

what does, "cab block pointing at it" mean?

thanks, still can't get any sound, argh...

Check the volume block.

If that isn't it; and your cab is correctly showing the slot the user IR I uploaded then save the preset and after that; just replace one block at a time with shunts until you have sound. Check your input/output blocks too. Troubleshoot by breaking it down. If it is working for others; then something maybe got jacked up on your download? Are you are 12.03?

Check the volume block.

If that isn't it; and your cab is correctly showing the slot the user IR I uploaded then save the preset and after that; just replace one block at a time with shunts until you have sound. Check your input/output blocks too. Troubleshoot by breaking it down. If it is working for others; then something maybe got jacked up on your download? Are you are 12.03?

thanks Scott, I am on 12.03. I shunted every block and still no sound. where do I find the input/output blocks? It must be something really simple...

Very nice stuff guitartripp! That sounds remarkably similar there for you as it does for me. Cool.

Thanks for the nice words guys - it's pretty cool when something works for other people too. Fun!

Hi Scott
Been trying out you acoustic tonematch and its awesome

Since we have now found out fw13 will have the ultra IR format do you have the suitable wav file length to make a fw13 version ?
Have you aleady done a high res version ?
1how awesome is it ;)
Cheers G \../

As I just recently came back to the FAS forum I missed this thread.

I'm waiting on the Axe II-XL so I'll have to be patient and listen to example others provide. Are there any more clips using Scott's acoustic patch out there?

Thanks!

Scott,

Can't thank you enough for this patch. I've always had to grit my teeth at gigs when playing a part that should be done with an acoustic.

Question for you.... How do you think it would turn out trying to use the same method you used here but for a pedal steel? Just wondering....

Scott,

Can't thank you enough for this patch. I've always had to grit my teeth at gigs when playing a part that should be done with an acoustic.

Question for you.... How do you think it would turn out trying to use the same method you used here but for a pedal steel? Just wondering....

Cool. I have not yet even done an UltraRes of this (some have asked me) but the original just works so great I keep using it... and it keeps working for me. Glad others - like you - are using it too. I'm surprised - honestly - that it seems to work for so many people actually. That's a great thing though!

I have no idea how it'd relate to pedal steel - try it!

Back
Top Bottom